Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only person here who used an interior protectant and saw the color of my upper interior go from a dull gray to a deep maroon?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
veganjim said:
Am I the only person here who used an interior protectant and saw the color of my upper interior go from a dull gray to a deep maroon?
Well, when I bought my car, they said the interior was Grey/Burgundy. I couldn't find the burgundy part. Folks here in this forum said that it's the "dark" part of the dash and other parts. Sometimes in the sun I get a hint of burgundy. I guess your protectant highlighted that. My understanding is that protectants (such as Armorall) are NOT recommended for the interior of the Prius. Toyota used a different formulation (low VOC materials - that's why you don't smell the 'new car' toxic off gassing), and it's not compatible with most treatments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sanny. For God's sake, don't anyone else try it unless you are prepared for a radical color change. I didn't realize Armorall was not recommended.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any similar problems with color change or any other problems if I spray Scotchguard on the Prius seats and on the top of the center console? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had the same happen when using 303, but it doesn't sound as radical as what happened to you. It is does bring the red out, tho.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Like Lefty, I am interested in knowing if Scotchguard can be applied without having a color change, or other unexpected reaction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No "new car smell". Mine had/has that wonderdful smell....I wonder how long it will last. Kinda like it...must....go....sniff......m o r e ....

.. :?:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the ivory interior. When I used a cleaner/protectant on the darker parts of the dash it went from dull gray to deep brown. I think it looks MUCH nicer. And shinier. Mmmmmm shiny. It's not a color CHANGE, it's a color ENHANCEMENT. The color is there already, it just gets brought out.

They scotchguarded my seats before I took the car home and they still look quite like the rest of the interior color. I don't think color "change" is an issue here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
galaxee said:
I have the ivory interior. When I used a cleaner/protectant on the darker parts of the dash it went from dull gray to deep brown. I think it looks MUCH nicer. And shinier. Mmmmmm shiny. It's not a color CHANGE, it's a color ENHANCEMENT. The color is there already, it just gets brought out.

Same thing with my ivory interior. I used Meguars protectant and the dash returned to like new color. In the sun it sparkles with gold flecks in the deep brown. Not really shiny just deeper and enhanced, I love it. I have had the car since 11/03 (47,000 miles) and this is the first time I cleaned it. I am going to clean it more often now that I know how nice it looks with the protectant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts