Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The light for the instrument panel (speedometer/odometer.fuel) has gone out. I assumed it was a fuse. I had a friend take fuse #16 7.5 A out and was told it had not blown. As my clock and audio system were still working, I decided it wasn't that fuse. Is there another fuse or fuses I should check, or could it be something else? It's been out for a week and I am getting tired of trying to guestimate my speed and whether I have enough gas or not. If it is a fuse, do I have to buy the fuse through Toyota or can I go to any parts store?

Thank you.

Audrey

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife has an 2009. Had a tire pressure alarm which she ignored. Kept driving and eventually the pannel lights went dark. Added tire pressure, for a slow leak in one of the tires and the problem was gone. Sounds crazy, but check the tires. LOL.

seedypea

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Hope that it is a fuse or wire problem. I bet a replacement vacuum fluorescent display like that is not cheap.

You might scour the wrecking yards/sites for one out of a wreck. I hear they are showing up in junkyards after sticking accel pedals in record numbers. :twisted: ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Yes, I have checked the rheostat. No, I don't believe that all Toyota service depts are thieves....just expensive. Yes, I hope it is a loose wire and not the IFD display. If it's the display that needs to be replaced, maybe I will check to see if I can find one in a wrecking yard, but my instinct tells me I'm better off with a new display.

My appointment with Toyota is on Thursday. I'll let you know what needs to be done.

Audrey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts