Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a guy at a Halloween party last night who told me he was a sales manager at a local Toyota dealership. I mentioned that I had a Prius and naturally the conversation turned to supply, demand, and market value. He said he has more than 150 names on his waiting list. He also said that one reason the supply chain is relatively slow is because Toyota spends twice as much time inspecting Prii for defects as they do any other model. (I don't know if this is true or not.) One thing I found particularly interesting was his claim that, by the time he searches for, buys, transports and preps a USED base model Prius his cost is nearly $25K--and he can sell them as fast as he can find them.

Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Support the American Workers: Buy Toyota!

Got an inside story this week when I visited my in-laws in Kentucky. I found out how my Prius purchase is supporting American workers another way.

Apparently, Toyota converted some of their Camry plants in Japan to increase manufacturing for the Prius. So in order to make up for that, Camry production has stepped up in the U.S. quite a bit. I have a relative making lots of money working overtime during the weekends loading up Camrys onto trains for distribution around the country. I get 2 thumbs-up for my Prius purchase. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts