Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a VERY long and involved process (I won't go into the terrible details of problem dealerships), I finally took delivery of my new 2005 Prius! It's in white (my second choice color ... but still more than acceptable) and has package #6. I couldn't be more thrilled! My morning commute averaged 47mpg ... I'm hoping that will go up in the afternoon since the haul up to Pasadena is about a 700 ft elevation gain. I want to thank everyone's help on hear in helping with my questions and getting my truly psyched about my new car. Only wish I had some reason to take a road trip ...

Snowdall

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey snowdalll
CONGRATS on your new Prius - I am sure you will absloutely love it.. It really is worth the wait!! :D

I have had mine for 1 1/2 weeks and the mileage has gone from 44.1 on day 1 to 51.8 yesterday.

I swear that the car teaches you how to drive it!! :lol:

2005 Seaside #6

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome Snowdall! I have an '05 pkg 6 as well. Love it. 12K miles and still 52mpg. Stick around the site and keep us informed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats

Glad to hear you are enjoying this car. Traffic definitely takes on a different life when you are driving a Pri, the more traffic, the better the gas mileage. The hatchback model was an awesome idea from Toyota as it is much more versatile than the original sedan, cudos for Toyota as they continue to "think outside the box".

·
Registered
919 Posts
Aww, that's really sweet, hyperion. I'd have never thought of framing my stickers. Congratulations, new Prius owner. It really is an exciting purchase.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congratulations, Snowdall. I also have a 2005 white #6 and I wouldn't go back to my SUV for anything. :D

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Glad you are here. Hope this site provides you with insight in knowledge.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm really starting to fall in love with the car. This is one of my first observations:

While I don't recommend this .... and try not to do it myself much .... there are times here in sunny Los Angeles where I am in a hurry and I switch into agressive driver mode. The car I had before my Prius was a turbo VW Beetle. With the turbo and the sports suspension, it was particularly nimble on the wild streets and freeways of the big city.

The third day I had the Prius I was late picking up my daughter and had to get across the city as quickly as possible. So I went into agressive mode and was pleasantly surprised the see that my little Prius had what it took to get me through ... it was responsive and quick and confident. My milage did take a slight nose dive ... but it's nice to know that it's there if I need it.

Snowdall

P.S. Oooohhhh .... so THAT'S what "pulse and glide" feels like. :)

P.P.S. My little car hasn't let me in on what it wants to be called. But I'll keep you all informed.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Would be nice if the car had an economy versus power mode. This would change the accelerator pedal responses. When in economy mode, the car would lean towards staying in the most efficient range when accelerating, unless you floored it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hyperion ... thanks :)

Been a while since I've been referred to as a nut. But sadly I do have to agree ... there are a lot of nuts out there (LA especially) and I hate it when I have to be one.

Snowdall

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
hyperion said:
But danman, the car does have that "mode" It's called "the nut behind the wheel."
That's true, but the car could help in this matter. The way I try and optimize acceleration is to engage CC as soon as I can, then press it into accelerate mode until I reach the desired speed. I am assuming here that the CC is programmed for the most efficient acceleration.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts