Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it odd to have two buttons labeled INFO, one on the steering wheel, one on the MFD, and they don't do the same thing?

I wonder if they were labeled with two different Japanese words, but both translate to INFO in english.

I also find the button function and menus to be very non-intuitive.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Explain please cause as far as I know, both revert to the Energy Monitor

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The steering wheel INFO button gives me the energy screen, but the MFD INFO button gives me a menu of further info screens (maintenance, trip, and several others).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
KTPhil said:
The steering wheel INFO button gives me the energy screen, but the MFD INFO button gives me a menu of further info screens (maintenance, trip, and several others).
try pressing it twice

·
Registered
81 Posts
melgish said:
KTPhil said:
try pressing it twice
My Prius is still in the oven....

What happens when you press it twice?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regardless of what happens when you press it twice, it seems odd to have two identically-labeled buttons perform two different actions.

By the way, now that we are reaching the age of the software-cnotrolled car, and in consideration of the season, has anyone found any "easter eggs" in the system?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The.Tramp said:
What happens when you press it twice?
It explodes in a shower of sparks and flame ... er ... I mean it takes you to the energy screen, same as the steering wheel info button would on the first hit...

I realize now that I've not yet been bold enough to hit it 3 times...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts