Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was from a thread a year ago, that for some reason I can't bring forward. The wisdom has stood the test of time. Of course only one year...

Leave the lights on all the time.

Coast when you can.

Drive slower for better mileage.

Your mileage will be worse when the car is new, on short trips, in cold weather or with lower tire pressure.

Coastal Dave has gadgets to make the care do several cool, but unnecessary things.

The green color isn't.

The gas guage isn't very accurate and the "fix" doesn't.

GM is our uncle with dementia. We feel bad for him, but don't hold much hope.

The car has seats. You might like them or not. Sit on it and decide.

Some cell phones work with the BlueTooth. Most don't. You shouldn't be talking on the phone when you drive anyway.

The Nav system is great fun, and variably reliable.

The car doesn't hold a full four quarts of oil.

You can buy the extended protection plan later for under a grande.

mrv is the source of all knowledge.

Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hep said:
Your mileage will be worse when the car is new, on short trips, in cold weather or with lower tire pressure.
... and when climbing a hill!

That's when we pay the price for lugging that monstrous hybrid battery around. And due to entropy, we don't get very much of that energy back when we coast down the other side.

Last evening I drove 8 miles to a meeting, at which point my trip MPG was 63.2. At the end of the eight-mile trip home it was 39 MPG for the round trip. The reason was the 1300-foot change in elevation between my house and the meeting location, 800 feet of which is in the 1.5 miles closest to my house. At several places during the last 800-foot climb to my house, the instantaneous MPG drops into the single digits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts