Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, after listening to yet another news item about skyrocketing gas prices, I sent an email to my boss asking the company to consider raising our gas mileage reimbursement to anywhere near what the government pays. Last night I gave serious thought to selling my much loved but gas-hoggish Nissan 4x4 pickupand started searching for fuel efficient vehicles. Found lots of great info and this forum. This morning I took pics and posted an ad for the truck, then went off to the Toyota dealership. I am now short a grand, but happily on the list for a Tideland Pearl BC#9. Whew!! I think this might be an impulse buy, but probably the best one I've ever made!

I called three dealerships. One salesman became difficult as soon as I mentioned the Prius - said they were being discontinued and I'd never get one. Another told me I would forfeit my $500 deposit if I tried to get a car from any other dealer. The third (the one I signed with) was very pleasant and obviously loved the car, but moaned throughout the paperwork process that he had 8 other orders waiting to be filled and he doesn't get his commission until they are delivered.

Just wondering about others experience trying to deal with Prius salespersons.

Gail

·
Registered
928 Posts
Better take the for sale sign down in your pickup. If you're number 9 on the list, it could be a while (months) before you get your Prius. You might get lucky, but why take the chance.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
If you want a Prius in the shortest time I would suggest you call dealer and agree to accept any color and package. When I did this I immediately moved ahead of all those who specified colors and although 8 on the list and expecting a four month wait I got a call in two weeks and bought a car that I would have ordered if given the opportunity. Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
place on the list

I wish I was #9 on the list - I'm #48. I have a Honda Passport too, so I'll drive that until I get the Prius. I don't mind waiting - I'd rather wait and get what I want than settle for what I don't want. Twenty grand plus is just too much to spend on something less than exactly what I want.

Gail

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a $100 deposit. I don't understand you giving a grand.

jimb

I am now short a grand, but happily on the list for a Tideland Pearl BC#9. Whew!!

Just wondering about others experience trying to deal with Prius salespersons.

Gail[/quote]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just talked to my local dealer here and after the local auto show they got an additional 40 orders with $500 deposits and had to tell the people they would have to wait a year to a year and a half. I signed up with 77 on the list, now its over 110 and I am number 67, probably looking at a 2005 model in October.....better late than never right?....lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Went in on Thursday night, had it Tuesday night

Hi
The only thing I asked for was a dark interior, but the one that came off the truck the following Tuesday had the ivory. I took it and will get seat covers. Glad to have it, not a week yet. There were others on the list ahead of me but they wanted more specifics. Other dealers told me no 04s; all spoken for. I think my Dad from heaven who worked 40 years for the electric co. wanted me to have a gas/electric car. Getting 44.6 on 1st tankful. Very glad.
Greg
Super White #6

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was #13 on my dealer's list, got on it last October, and took delivery 5 months (to the day) later :D. Now they're quoting a 12-month wait!

My sales-rep experience was very good. The kid who sold me the car initially was gone in a couple weeks (I wasn't surprised) but he was frank about the waiting list from the start. The dealer had bought a '04 Prius as a fleet car so they'd have one to demo. I drove it, fell in love, and put up my $500 deposit. I'd been wanting a hybrid for a long time, and Toyota really got this one right.

Anyway, when the kid quit I got passed up to a more experienced rep, and he has taken very good care of me, forwarding updates and news items about the car, generally staying in touch all through my waiting period and since delivery as well.

I'm on my third tank of gas, loving the car, getting about 47mpg in town, and getting all my friends drooling over it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts