Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm from MA and my husband and I just put a deposit for an 06 Prius!! and boy we are excited! Also when I stumbled over this website I was amazed with the plethora of information that was available here - am glad you have this thing going!

I have a question regarding the tax credit -i know its a topic discussed to death but i'm confused regarding how much we will be eligible for as some in this site say after sept 30th its 1/2 the credit and some say nuthing at all! Our dealer said it will be 6-8 weeks for us to get one, mebbe less but we dont know!

Any thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, but what I would be worried about is that the dealer stalls and stalls until after 9/30, when the demand will of course drop. Then they've sold the car that should have gone to SV, and they still have the deposit too. And even if they refund it SV has lost out.

I would think that it is possible to go to a dealer and find one in stock and buy it. I would even expand the search range to several hundred miles and get it, possibly cheaper than where you've got your deposit. At least then you would be guaranteed about what is happening with the tax credit.

·
Registered
991 Posts
sub3marathonman said:
Yes, but what I would be worried about is that the dealer stalls and stalls until after 9/30, when the demand will of course drop. Then they've sold the car that should have gone to SV, and they still have the deposit too. And even if they refund it SV has lost out.

I would think that it is possible to go to a dealer and find one in stock and buy it. I would even expand the search range to several hundred miles and get it, possibly cheaper than where you've got your deposit. At least then you would be guaranteed about what is happening with the tax credit.
You could always put a deposit down at multiple dealerships too. The problem with buying one on the lot, is they often try to make you pay for extras, like leather if you don't want leather (on a non package #8) or chrome wheels ($2k-4k, depending). In the end, is it worth $1750 less, or paying more for something you don't need? Especially with something like chrome wheels that could possibly drop your mpg..

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.