Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owners manual refers many times to the "IG-ON" mode, and what functions, warnings, etc., will or won't happen in this mode. I assume it means ignition on, and refers to the Prius fully powered up after pushing the start button.
However, I can't seem to find any desciption or definition in the owners manual, like normally after the first use of this term in the manual.
Anyone have any more information?
Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Arvin writes: "page 130

IG-ON means all accessories in the car are operable but the hybrid system is off so you can't drive the car."

I have a question. Yes-- I have read the darn manual MANY times... I wanted to practice on the map-destination mode-- my nemesis... So I read and figured out that if you turn on power without your foot on the break-- you will be in "accessory mode"-- "like a regular car."

Well, NOT in my Prius! I can see the map mode-- but I cannot open the windows... That mode does NOT work. And I do not believe I could listen to a CD at the same time. I kind of understand that situation as a CD would drain the battery. In fact, anything one does with the car off, drains the battery-- so I am quite understanding of that fact. But you all indicated that you can get into "accessory" mode and ALL (or many?) of your can functions will operate. Did some of you say that? What am I not doing here???? What do I need to do differently? Thanks for your help. Love my car.

·
Registered
623 Posts
karenann:

Press the Power button without your foot on the brake. Then press it a second time, also without your foot on the brake. I think this puts it into a different mode. I've never been able (or interested enough) to figure out what the difference is. I think the third time shuts the car off. But I'm not sure. Maybe you have to hold the brake pedal while pressing the Power button to shut it off. Or the other way around.

I guess my point is, I think there are two different modes in which some stuff works but the car is not in Ready mode. Maybe its an Ignition-On mode and an Accessories-On mode. In one of those modes the windows (and some other stuff) do not work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
karenann:

Press the Power button without your foot on the brake. Then press it a second time, also without your foot on the brake. I think this puts it into a different mode. I've never been able (or interested enough) to figure out what the difference is. I think the third time shuts the car off. But I'm not sure. Maybe you have to hold the brake pedal while pressing the Power button to shut it off. Or the other way around.

I guess my point is, I think there are two different modes in which some stuff works but the car is not in Ready mode. Maybe its an Ignition-On mode and an Accessories-On mode. In one of those modes the windows (and some other stuff) do not work.
DEAR DANIEL,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER. I WILL TRY THAT TECHNIQUE. MANY THANKS.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Daniel,
I love you! It worked. I do not recall that the manual told us to press the Power button a second time. I read the manual over several times re: acc mode. I think I would have underlined that point.

But you are terrific, nevertheless! It was driving me nuts that I couldn't open the windows while I was fiddling with the "delightful" map navigation system-- my nemesis.... Thanks for the tip!!!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Karen:

You are very welcome.

Here's another tip (this one about using this discussion board): Click on Profile at the top of the page, then scroll down to "Always allow BBCode" and select Yes. Now your quotes will actually appear as quotes.

There's also the option (at your discretion) to give your location, so folks know what part of the country you are in, and there are some other options you can select.

This works also for other discussion boards that use similar programming.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Daniel said:
Karen:

You are very welcome.

Here's another tip (this one about using this discussion board): Click on Profile at the top of the page, then scroll down to "Always allow BBCode" and select Yes. Now your quotes will actually appear as quotes.

There's also the option (at your discretion) to give your location, so folks know what part of the country you are in, and there are some other options you can select.

This works also for other discussion boards that use similar programming.
:D Dear Daniel,
I just did what you told me to do. Now I want to see if the quote from you will look "proper" with a nice box around it. If it doesn't, what did I do wrong??? Thanks. Karen Ann

·
Registered
82 Posts
Daniel, you are terrific! The box worked! Now I am working on those darn "smilies. When I click on a "smiley-- I get a "D." Will it become a smiley when I submit the message? Let's see. If it does not, tell me what I am doing wrong.

Sorry Folks if I am not discussing my adorable Prius in this message! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts