Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The center display panel.
Should angle a bit towards the driver, or else have a swivel screen.
Several times I have been unable to see the screen when the sun is low shining through the back windows. Trying to adjust the climate or other screen dependent features becomes dangerous if you have to move your head and squint to see it.

Steering wheel temp controls only have AC and up or down temp. Turning off the AC, still leaves the heat/air fan on so has to be manually turned off.
Unable to turn heat on/off from steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
So many people are all ... sunroof, sonroof, sunroof! Nobody ever thinks of an asphalt-floor! A sliding window down below so you can watch the pavement go by would make picking up road kill for dinner so much easier!

Come on people, if you want to bring this subject up again, you need to think outside the box! (or outside the wedge, as it were)

:wink: :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Since there's so much discussion about the comfort of the seats, I think they should make the driver's seat a lazyboy (leather optional), with remote control for the MFD and cruise control in the arm rest. And a cup holder, of course.

·
Registered
33 Posts
RSnyder said:
I'd train it to automatically electrocute any already hashed to death topics.
I'm seriously VERY impressed with your 500+ posts, and being new to the machine and this forum, I personally look forward to 5000 more. I stand to gain from your and others' proven extremely useful advice and factual information that supplements Toyota's data with real-world experience.

I can easily see why you would be bored being asked to think about topics you've already thought about and spent time composing and writing cogent and witty answers. I've seen people (perhaps you) refer with a link to a previous string with answers from prior weeks, months or years. This too is VERY helpful.

PLEASE keep referring. And be patient with those of us who either don’t have time to look back that far in the log (there is a LOT of material after all) or those of us who don't trust the site's search engine to find what we’re looking for.

1. The search engine evidently doesn’t recognize quotes as holding words together as in “extended warranty” that I asked about a few days ago. The search brought up every case of “extended” and “warranty” and it took effort on my part to complete the search.

2. How would one actually search for the current topic before posting the question? “Change?” “Thing?” It would take a week to sift through the results.

Sorry for all the words. But you get what I mean. Again, speaking as one new to Prius, your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bravo lindavid. I too am a new owner and so far (even though I make my living with computers) I have not gotten ANY usable search results. If you don't like what you're reading, don't read it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get rid of the rear windshield wiper

I wish the rear windshield wiper would be removed. By creating the split window, it really creates additional blindspots.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
lindavid said:
RSnyder said:

I can easily see why you would be bored being asked to think about topics you've already thought about and spent time composing and writing cogent and witty answers. I've seen people (perhaps you) refer with a link to a previous string with answers from prior weeks, months or years. This too is VERY helpful.

Sorry for all the words. But you get what I mean. Again, speaking as one new to Prius, your efforts are greatly appreciated!!
Really don't take it personally. This particular question was hashed, rehashed and rerehashed on two concurrent threads just 3 or 4 weeks ago. I completely support new posters bringing new perspectives to previously discussed issues. The search is the best way to go if you are looking for factual information like how to turn off the back up beep, but of course we are here as well for the chat. Do feel free to snipe back if we get testy. You were very gracious here. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
928 Posts
lindavid said:
RSnyder said:
. . .PLEASE keep referring. And be patient with those of us who either don’t have time to look back that far in the log (there is a LOT of material after all) or those of us who don't trust the site's search engine to find what we’re looking for. . .

Hi lindavid,
Normally, I have a lot more tolerance for repeated questions, but I find this particular question to be extremely impolite. It's kinda like that obnoxious interview question: "tell me about your weaknesses".

The first thing I suspect of anyone asking it is that they either work for the competition, or are hoping for ammo to take back to their favorite enthusiast BB and trash the Prius.

I mean seriously, would you ask people to list the faults of their favorite pet? How about their wife/husband? Is that fair game.

Anyway, I find this type of question very intrusive. It leads to uncomfortable feelings about owning a Prius. It forces you to look for the bad in your life. Its hideously impolite.

So, dzitlow, I spent over $20K for this car and I'm very happy with it. I really don't need you forcing me to rethink the few little disappointments I have with it and I'm certainly not going to hand you any ammunition to use against a big part of my life. You should learn some common decency.

Anyway, I don't usually grump at repeated but polite questions. At least I hope not. I already feel bad about grumping here.

Also, I certainly don't object to owners expressing their disappointments in their cars, no car will be completely perfect for any given person. And often there's a simple way to make the poster happy again.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Hep said:
So many people are all ... sunroof, sonroof, sunroof! Nobody ever thinks of an asphalt-floor! A sliding window down below so you can watch the pavement go by would make picking up road kill for dinner so much easier!

Come on people, if you want to bring this subject up again, you need to think outside the box! (or outside the wedge, as it were)

I vote for Juan Valdez's coffee beans growing in that sunny place in the hatchback area, and a roaster/grinder/brewery built into the dashboard!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
BIF said:
Hep said:

I vote for Juan Valdez's coffee beans growing in that sunny place in the hatchback area, and a roaster/grinder/brewery built into the dashboard!
I've always liked the way you think! :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
lindavid said:
RSnyder said:
Hi lindavid,
The first thing I suspect of anyone asking it is that they either work for the competition, or are hoping for ammo to take back to their favorite enthusiast BB and trash the Prius.
Anyway, I don't usually grump at repeated but polite questions. At least I hope not. I already feel bad about grumping here.

Thanks for your thoughtful response, Robert. I should have guessed there were layers deeper than the one I read. And legitimate ones, at that.

I'm sorry if I made you feel badly. That wasn't my intent. Only to encourage you to continue contributing as richly as you have. I'm relieved to know that you had intended to do so even without my well-intentioned intervention. I'm also fascinated to understand the subtlety of your arguments.

I had no idea there could be spies reading our words. Let them read! And let them weep at our happiness. Let them covet our mileage. Let them yearn for our comfort. And let them crave our contented lifestyles.

David

·
Registered
928 Posts
lindavid said:
. . .I'm sorry if I made you feel badly. . . David
Oops, I really tried to avoid that impression. It wasn't you! Guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be completely clear about that :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts