Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning the famed yellow snowflake appeared! :shock:

I live 1 hour north of Tampa....temp was 36, noticed it was gone around 40 after driving south for about thirty minutes.

I didn't know it would flash next to the outside temp indicator on the MFD as well.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah, if you didn't see that snowflake on the dash or MFD, you'd probably go swimming.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I failed to check the temp on the display when I left, however on County line, about 5 miles from home, it was 41. Never saw flaky, so it couldn't have been lower. Out of the garage it was 66.

37, gee I guess the weather reports were right this morning. South Hudson, Port Richey and New Port Richey were 48 according to the display.

·
Registered
919 Posts
We had a light covering of snow this morning. This means the days of easily keeping the exterior and interior of the car clean are over. Mud and slush on the body, slushy boots inside, dangling icicles, ivory interior (my first light one) in jeopardy. I purchased my car in mid March last year so didn't have too many cleaning problems. Florida and other warm weather posters, I'm betting your cars are much easier to maintain in tip top shape.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Huh. I don't think I will ever see this famed snowflake. This morning, it was 59...for about ten minutes. Now, it's getting towards 70.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
evander said:
We had a light covering of snow this morning. This means the days of easily keeping the exterior and interior of the car clean are over. Mud and slush on the body, slushy boots inside, dangling icicles, ivory interior (my first light one) in jeopardy. I purchased my car in mid March last year so didn't have too many cleaning problems. Florida and other warm weather posters, I'm betting your cars are much easier to maintain in tip top shape.
Well, many of us have limerock roads, and we do have to consider salt air and water if we take our Prius near the beach.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DanMan32 said:
evander said:
Well, many of us have limerock roads, and we do have to consider salt air and water if we take our Prius near the beach.
Yeah...and coming across the Howard Franklin bridge yesterday blew salt water all over the place...wasted no time in getting the car atleast through some sort of rinsedown!

Waves were coming over the seawall all the way into the slow lane all along the southend causeway!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I guess salt can be a problem for you guys as well. We have it on icy roads and with heavier snows, and it wreaks havoc on our cars. Anyway, all of you have a lovely Turkey Day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes i think it was a lot cooler earlier this week.....i froze at 64 degrees here in miami! i am so glad it got warmer later in the day.....went up to 78 degrees..... i'll do extra pampering for my prius when this weather does get cooler! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts