Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the interstate at 65 mph... ICE shut off... coasted off to the shoulder. Called for a tow. While waiting tried to restart it. Fired back up. Drove it to the nearest dealer and waiting for diagnostic.

This was with my Durango, of course!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to the offramp... gravity and inertial assist for about 1/2 a mile.

XM sat. radio still worked though :lol:

upside is that they dont need to fly a technician in from Japan to diagnose the car, and it should be fixed in a few hours.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Fish, it is the "Prelude" of bad things to come. Get rid of your RT Durango
and since you love the power and torque so much, get the Highlander Hybrid. 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds ! At 75~85 MPH still gets 26 MPG !

It is: Clean Power. at Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle Status.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya.. well I would except I cant justify the pricetag If Toyota pulled their collective heads out of their rear ends and priced themselves competitively people would flock to them.

I can get a whole lot more vehicle for a whole bunch less and still enjoy it enven if gas was 6 bucks a gallon.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, and the toyota makes great products, but its the truth.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
fish_antlers said:
ya.. well I would except I cant justify the pricetag If Toyota pulled their collective heads out of their rear ends and priced themselves competitively people would flock to them.
Perhaps this is why Toyota is making money, instead of ducking bankrupcy. Which companies have their heads up the corporate elevator shaft? I think not Toyota.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
fish_antlers said:
not on my dime they're not.
Would that be the dime you found by the side of the road when your Durango quit? :wink:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hep said:
Perhaps this is why Toyota is making money, instead of ducking bankrupcy. Which companies have their heads up the corporate elevator shaft? I think not Toyota.
Check out PriusChat. Dianne is selling Highlander Hybrids for under MSRP. That doesn't sound like Toyota is making money off them. And I think CRickey also mentioned a similar deal in the dealer forum earlier.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
From BBC
7 Feb 2006

Hybrids help boost Toyota profits

Toyota hopes to see worldwide Prius sales of one million a year by 2010
Continued demand for cars such as the Prius hybrid have helped Toyota to healthy quarterly profits.
Toyota said operating profit rose 14% in the October to December period, as a weaker yen boosted overseas earnings.

The firm, Japan's biggest carmaker, is seeing strong demand for its hybrids, which use petrol and electric power.

Toyota, which this year may surpass General Motors as the world's biggest carmaker, recorded an operating profit of 482.21bn yen ($4.05bn; £2.3bn).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Haven't seen any dead Prii in my area, did see a couple of Dodges being towed, a Mercedes with the hood up and steam coming out, even a Jag was getting pulled onto a trailer (I was in a nice section of town).

Never run into any Prii at the gas station either......

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Jonnycat26 said:
Hep said:
Check out PriusChat. Dianne is selling Highlander Hybrids for under MSRP. That doesn't sound like Toyota is making money off them. And I think CRickey also mentioned a similar deal in the dealer forum earlier.
Hey Jonnycat26, lemme educate you a bit. Everytime a manufacturer sells a vehicle to its dealers they are making money. It does not matter how low or high a dealer sells its product, they ( the manufacturers ) get paid a huge margin within the "Invoice" billed to its dealers. No matter how low below MSRP list we sell them, won't hurt a bit for Toyota, to make money on theirs cars. It is called " Wholeselling" Same with Ford, every Explorer delivered to its dealers, they make $10K !

·
Registered
52 Posts
apparently a friend's parents of mine took their durango for a round trip invovling at least 2000 miles. I asked at the end of their trip to submit their total amount of fill ups to me. But lol at fish for keeping his SUV pride although I must admit the durango can seat 7 in comfort. I give props for that even if its a gas guzzer.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.