Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please email me if you have any needs. I will do what I can to help. Toyota has a great support group and I will get any questions you have answered. :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tracking my order for our Prius

Is there a code number associated with an ordered Prius from a Toyota dealer? If so, how do I obtain and track where the car is in its journey to the dealership we purchased from?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
teamtoyoda said:
Please email me if you have any needs. I will do what I can to help. Toyota has a great support group and I will get any questions you have answered. :lol:
You didn't post your email address so, here's my "open remarks"....

Two of the following problems are probably my fault but, which two
I don't know...

1. On day one, my garage door starting closing by itself almost
damaging this wonderful new car. This never happened before (or since).

2. Waiting at a light, I put the car in park to retrieve someting on
the passenger side floor. When the light changed I couldn't put the
car in Drive (people honking, I felt stupid). I didn't have my foot
initially on the brake. Then had to fight it by first putting it in
reverse, then drive. (Ok a good candidate for being "my fault").

3. Had to back up in a parking lot to maneuver around an obstacle
before pulling out straight. The display was showing the "energy
screen" and the FM was playing when I started backing up.
As I started going forward, I heard my wife's voice on the phone.
The screen was now in "phone mode" and she swore that "I called
her". My Ericsson T610 was in my shirt pocket and my home number is
programmed as one-touch #1.
My hand went nowhere near the display but, I must have hit something
on the steering wheel as I was turning backward.

This car is freaking me out man! No, you can't have it. (I already
built-in my radar detector and installed a subwoofer in the hidden
compartment).

Cheers,
Gary

Maybe I'm lucky for not being able to get the "Auto-Park" option. :)

Edited by Pete: You need to enable BBCode for formatting...

·
Registered
14 Posts
teamtoyoda: fuel gauge

I had my 04 Salsa Red in to the toyota dealership two weeks ago
to have the fuel tank evaluated as to why I was only able to fill the tank
with 7.7 gallons when the last bar was flashing on the gauge.
Toyota sent a fuel expert in from Chicago to look in to this. the tank was drained and refilled with a measured amount of gas, the tank would only accept 10.9 gallons. I am not the only new 04 Prius owner that has this
problem thyere have been several posts on all the Prius web sites.
With an 11.9 tank as sstated in the owners manual the tank should hold 11.9 gallons of fuel, NOT have the fuel gauge start blinking that you are
low on fuel when there is still 4 gallons of fuel remaining i the tank.

I have NOT been notified from the dealer or by Toyota as what the problem is and what they intend to do about it.

Have you read any service bulletin about this?

dupie61

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shipping codes

Hi Tom,

Toyota does not realy have a shipping code. dealers wait on a allocation. When the allocation is given then they get a number. The Prius is shipped from japan so the dealer gets a vessel number and vessel name. I currently have one coming on a ship called the atlas. The cars take about a month from japan. I would ask my dealer if they have a vehicle inquiry report for my order. That way you will know your order has been allocated. To bad toyota does not use ups.
Thanks, Mario

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuel tank

Hi Dupie61,

The fuel tank is a bladder system. The bladder was made to cut down on vapors being released into the air. I'm not sure if your tank is a design or install problem. I will try to find out more from our reps to see what is going on. Thanks, Mario [email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fuel tank and refills

I just experienced the same thing. I just filled my tank on my Seaside Pearl '04 for the first time with one flashing bar and the most it would take is 7.0 gallons. So the question before the house is, how much gas actually fits in the tank???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the tank really full with just 7 or 8 gallons? Or, after the pump automatically stops, can you keep filling up the tank (also known as topping off)? Possibly, the bladder forces the pump to stop sooner than normal????? Just curious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the other side, the technical discussion of this website

they had this discussion...

Further down the board I read that someone had a fuel spill because he overfilled the tank! Recomendation: stop filling when the pump turns off, do not be greedy you are already getting 500 miles per tank.

:lol:

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:22 pm Post subject: Fuel Tank Calibration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I filled up for the first time at 366 miles after I got to the flashing bar. I put in 8.84 gallons into the car and that averages out to be about 41 mpg although the CRT readout had 48.2. It was interesting that the tank thought that it really was empty only 8.8 gallons into the 11.9 gallon tank. I was talking to a Pioneer Prius friend and he said that the tank sensors now are all digital and it may take 3 or 4 fill ups to correctly calibrate the sensors. Can anyone comment on this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Temperature could be causing it. I filled up a few weeks ago at 52F. Late last week I got the flashing light and stopped in and filled up. Put 8.6 gallons in. At that time the temperature was 35F.

There has been a lot of discussion about temperature effect on gasoline on a few of the Prius lists. This time of the year you are probably going to notice it more since the temperature changes are a lot more drastic then they are in the summer and winter months.

·
Registered
27 Posts
re: Bladder in gas tank

Does the bladder get broken in so the tank can be filled close to the maximum eventually? Can less gas be put into the bladder in cold weather because the bladder is stiffer? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
gas tank issues

Dear Toyota:

If you monitor the Yahoo pages you will find scores of posting on this issue. The gas gauge does not appear to function the same with each refill, the indicator of how much gas is left is not linear, and the amount left when the low gas indicator lights up appears to be random between certain parameters. You should fix this and upgrade existing owners as this is not up to Toyota standards. Silly issues like this can long term kill a good car in the eyes of the public.

·
Registered
515 Posts
> the tank was drained and refilled with a measured amount of gas, the tank would only accept 10.9 gallons

What was the TEMPERATURE of the car, tank, bladder, and gas?

With my classic Prius, I estimated that the bladder shrinks as much as 1.5 gallons during the winter. So that measurement of 10.9 gallons was very likely correct... for those conditions.

You just have to get use to filling up based on DISTANCE instead of hoping the gauge will allow you to run to almost empty (which is never a good idea during the winter anyway). Sorry, but we have been talking about the bladder for 3 years now and I've tried my best to promote distance observation.

> You should fix this

What are your requirements? Without details about what your expectations are, the engineers won't have any idea what the change should be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work for Toyota

John, all I want is that, when the specs state (in Canada) that the tank holds 45 litres, that it holds that much.
wfjw

·
Registered
515 Posts
> I want is that, when the specs state (in Canada) that the tank holds 45 litres, that it holds that much.

Well actually, it does.

Toyota made their measurements the same way the EPA does, when the temperature was between 68F and 86F. There's a note about temperature reducing capacity too.

So the big question is, what do the other vehicles with bladders in their tanks (a few special models available in CA) have listed for their specs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe to many people tryed to drive without any gas because of the elec. engine and toyota decided to have the car say it is empty to save that from happening.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts