Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

Well, after looking at many photos I sure was surprised at seeing one for the first time. Although it was kind of hard to tell as it was pretty late at night. I thought I would share this with everyone.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Since you only just saw one, I'll guess you don't live in California :) It's fun spotting them, though they're getting more common in Northern New Jersey, so not as exciting anymore. The kids and I still point them out to each other though. I saw an Insight last week after a long hiatus. They're much more rare, so more exciting. I've seen at least one Civic Hybrid, but they're so hard to distinguish visually, that I may have missed noticing many more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tharkun said:
:eek:

Well, after looking at many photos I sure was surprised at seeing one for the first time. Although it was kind of hard to tell as it was pretty late at night. I thought I would share this with everyone.
Um, have you been under a rock? Or perhaps hiding out in that "undisclosed location" with Dick Cheney? :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is obviously a wide variation in the popularity and interest in the Prius. While I see reports from some areas of people spotting 4 or 5 a day, I have seen 4 or 5 since following one for a while driving home a couple of years ago.

This also means that there are not many on the list where I am and looking at a month or two wait, while others are looking at a year's wait.

·
Registered
48 Posts
jfschultz said:
There is obviously a wide variation in the popularity and interest in the Prius. While I see reports from some areas of people spotting 4 or 5 a day, I have seen 4 or 5 since following one for a while driving home a couple of years ago.

This also means that there are not many on the list where I am and looking at a month or two wait, while others are looking at a year's wait.
I think it depends where you drive. I very rarely see other Prius on my drive to and from work. My wife sees them all the time. I think it has something to do with the neighborhoods we drive in. I drive into a very poor neighborhood in the East San Fernando Valley. She drives into work near Brentwood.

Jeff

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woodworks said:
Um, have you been under a rock? Or perhaps hiding out in that "undisclosed location" with Dick Cheney? :lol:
No, I've not been living under a rock :lol:

I think I'll start carrying a camera with me and snap photos of them when I see them. I was thinking about leaving a note on the windshield but I don't think I had anything to write with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts