Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a new 2005 maroon Prius.

Just last year I was telling my wife that I would NEVER own a Prius because I thought it was ugly and probably unnecessary.

The recent Rolling Stone adaptation of The Long Emergency changed my mind for good.

What really surprised me about this car is that it's fun to drive, the video screen appeals to the techie in me, and it's nice to no longer be spending $80 a week on gas for my Camry.

Now I feel sorry for all those fools driving around in SUVs and gas guzzling luxury cars. Several of my colleagues who were laughing at me last week for buying this car are now starting to see the wisdom in the purchase.

BTW-- when I went into the San Francisco Toyota dealership to buy the car last Friday, virtually every car being purchased or looked at was a Prius. It seems that people are starting to realize the benefit of these kooky little cars.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Congratulations! It is a fun car to drive, comfortable, and stimulates conversation with other drivers. I'm still waiting for my 50mpg, but that seems less important as time goes by.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I nearly slapped my daughter's boyfriend for calling my new Prius "boxy". He should have been more respectful to both me and my cute little car.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
evander said:
I nearly slapped my daughter's boyfriend for calling my new Prius "boxy". He should have been more respectful to both me and my cute little car.
BOXY? The boyfriend is a half-wit. :roll: Boxes have corners and straight sides. The Honda Elephant is boxy. The Scion is boxy. Prius has no straight lines, and no sharp corners. Tell the daughter to dump the loser. He's clearly unworthy. So let it be written, so let it be done. :!:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well, Sanny, he's a young lawyer already earning 6 figures, but principles are principles. If he doesn't apologize to me and my Prius, I'll tell my daughter to kick him to the curb--alongside HIS old brown car!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
evander said:
Well, Sanny, he's a young lawyer already earning 6 figures, but principles are principles. If he doesn't apologize to me and my Prius, I'll tell my daughter to kick him to the curb--alongside HIS old brown car!
Yah yah, been there done that. :roll: Trust me - I WAS a young lawyer earning six figures, and knew many others of them. No great catch! Especially if he calls Prius boxy. Besides, she can find another one - they're everywhere! ;)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sanny said:
evander said:
Yah yah, been there done that. :roll: Trust me - I WAS a young lawyer earning six figures, and knew many others of them. No great catch! Especially if he calls Prius boxy. Besides, she can find another one - they're everywhere! ;)
Must... restrain... lawyer jokes...failing...

:lol:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
Must... restrain... lawyer jokes...failing...

:lol:
;) I gottamillionofem... Have more coffee, Hep! Yer losin yer grip! :D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Doh!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If he IS driving an older car, that gives him some redeeming qualities, since he can afford a flashy car but is frugal enough not to have one.

Show him your gas chart, that should help him out.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
DanMan32 said:
If he IS driving an older car, that gives him some redeeming qualities, since he can afford a flashy car but is frugal enough not to have one.

Show him your gas chart, that should help him out.
Yah, unless the old brown car is a 1972 Valiant, getting 10 mpg and emitting clouds of blue smoke. Then he needs to be locked in the car and sent away! ;) Of course, he might just asphyxiate from the fumes sooner or later, so just make sure she's named in the will.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
What a rough neighborhood this is! I'd better scoot, 'cause I left my shield and sword in the armory...

:)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
BIF said:
What a rough neighborhood this is! I'd better scoot, 'cause I left my shield and sword in the armory...

:)
Oh, we're not that bad. Wrap yourself in cling wrap - our barbs aren't sharp enough to penetrate. :) And we mostly aim them at ourselves, anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts