Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, if I had a tail, I'd wag it...

I previously owned a 2003 Prius, as I couldn't find a 2004 for sale back in late December when I bought it. Two weeks ago, I found a 2004 (slightly used, but in perfect shape), and traded. The new Spaceship (I swear that's what it's like) has package #8, which disappointed me only because I really wanted the side airbags... The Nav system is great, but I am not prone to getting lost (my dear hubby, on the other hand, could really use one of these). Anyway, this thing is so totally cool!! Rich was reading the Nav manual, and learned about how the Bluetooth connection works, and then we found that Sprint only made one Bluetooth phone. So, of course, we had to have one. Got it today. Charged it, linked it to my Prius, and started calling....

THIS IS SO NEAT!!!

I swear, it's like driving a spaceship. (OK, I'm not gonna tell you how I know it's like a spaceship, so you'll all have to take my word for it... hehehehehe).

Anyway, I am on cloud 9 (perhaps it's cloud 8, seeing as how it didn't come with airbags), and am totally in love with this car.

Anyone else here in the Richmond, VA area? My neighbors down the street have both an '02 and an '04, but I don't know that they'd be on here... Anyone? Anyone?

If you're in the area and see a blue '04 Prius with license tags that read "RPTILEZ", honk just for fun! I'll wave back!

--

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Re: I love it, I love it, I love it..Anyone else in Richmond

SnakePuncess said:
...honk just for fun! I'll wave back!
Wow, you must live in a very friendly town. Honking for fun? Whoever heard of that?

:p

Congrats on your "spaceship." I am on "Cloud 9" in my #9, so I know how you feel!

·
Registered
35 Posts
would any prius owner get upset if another prius owner honked at them? i can't imagine! :)

congrads on your car - i'm jealous - we wanted a blue one very bad, but had to settle for red. but we did get package #9 - hmmm.. perhaps WE could trade... :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sounds like your having a "blast". My 'o4 is comming the end of July. Driftwood Pearl Pakage #9 and I can hardly wait. We have a '03 Prius that will remain my husband Bills.

I will sure honk just for fun if you ever get up Woodbridge way or I see you south of me. Keep reading the manuals so I can ask questions when mine gets here.

Thanks, Jill

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps.....

hmmm.. perhaps WE could trade... :D[/quote]

Hmmm.... I'd be game to consider it... ;-) But methinks the finance company wouldn't like my playing musical cars anymore... hehehehe

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have not seen you yet... I don't think... but always look.

I HAVE seen:
-a black Prius parked at BW3's
-a silver Prius parked on Main St in midtown
- ared Prius on the expressway
- a blue Prius parked on Cary near a tattoo parlor

Waiting on mine since Feb....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Prius spaceship

I've been a sci-fi nut since I was 11 and used to read Amazing Stories, etc, etc. I loved your reference to the Prius as a spaceship. I, too, think of mine that way. True confessions here....on long road trips, I amuse myself by imagining my Prius as a spaceship and the outside scenery merely a hologram projection to make "earthbound" crews more at home rather than having them stare into empty space.
My partner's 15 year old son thought the car looked like both a spaceship and a submarine. Any way I look at it, I applaud Toyota for making it so distinctive and futuristic.
When we were kids, we used to go to the "Motorama" auto show, where we saw cars that looked like the Prius does now....only that was 40 years ago. Hard to believe it took them so long to actually make something like this.
Congrats, and happy spacefaring. By the way, watch out for Klingons in their boxy Explorer Class ships.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I visit my parents in Richmond and I visit often. Honk if you see my Tideland Pearl #9 roaming around Henrico County!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do!

I'll be glad to!

BTW, I did see a Driftwood Pearl yesterday in Charlottesville on the UVA cmapus. And wouldn't ya know - he waved at ME before I could wave at him first! Cool - I got a Prius wave... <giggle>

·
Registered
248 Posts

BIF said:
SnakePuncess said:
...honk just for fun! I'll wave back!
Wow, you must live in a very friendly town. Honking for fun? Whoever heard of that?!
Back in the late '60 and 70's SAAB owners flashed their lights at each other. Those were the days!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blue Prius on Cary St.

That blue one on Cary "near the tattoo parlor" was me - only I wasn't visiting the parlor, I work across the street....

-Paula, who ordered blue but fell in love with red when her dealer got one to test drive before her blue car arrived and secretly hoped the red would be the first to come in.

Saruman said:
I have not seen you yet... I don't think... but always look.

I HAVE seen:
-a black Prius parked at BW3's
-a silver Prius parked on Main St in midtown
- ared Prius on the expressway
- a blue Prius parked on Cary near a tattoo parlor

Waiting on mine since Feb....

·
Registered
13 Posts
grebe said:
would any prius owner get upset if another prius owner honked at them? i can't imagine! :)
My first car as a teenager was a Fiat convertible. Everyone who had one honked at each other.

When we bought the 2001 Prius and finally started seeing others, (first in central OH :) ) I started honking and waving at other Prius and encouraged my wife to do the same. Some wave back, some don't.

·
Registered
78 Posts

SnakePuncess said:
OK, if I had a tail, I'd wag it...

I swear, it's like driving a spaceship. (OK, I'm not gonna tell you how I know it's like a spaceship, so you'll all have to take my word for it... hehehehehe).

Anyway, I am on cloud 9 (perhaps it's cloud 8, seeing as how it didn't come with airbags), and am totally in love with this car.

Anyone else here in the Richmond, VA area? My neighbors down the street have both an '02 and an '04, but I don't know that they'd be on here... Anyone? Anyone?

If you're in the area and see a blue '04 Prius with license tags that read "RPTILEZ", honk just for fun! I'll wave back!

--
I think I saw you on I-95/I-64 in late October, because I remember the license tag.

"Spaceship" was our son's first comment when we got ours, which is appropriate because Prii are becoming more numerous among NASA folks in Hampton. Gotta love the aerodynamics and low emissions, not to mention the cool techno-gadgetry!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts