Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I lost my keys more than a year ago, i still had my spare set but i didn't want to leave myself without a back up so i replaced all my keys including the fob for my 2007 prius $$ (labor alone to program the new fob was $140?)

i store various things around the house. i needed to get a light bulb from the cabinet where i keep lightbulbs, i have them sorted into different plastic bags depending on wattage. i was looking for a bulb of a certain wattage, going through each bag. During that process, i noticed one bag was oddly heavy. i looked deep inside and there was a set of keys--huh?? how did my keys get in here? then i saw that it wasn't my current set--it was the lost set. why they would be in that cabinet in a plastic bag containing light bulbs, a place i only go anywhere near if i need to replace a bulb, i have no idea. no way i would put jagged metal keys in a bag of fragile glass light bulbs... oh well. it happened. Now i have three sets of keys so i probably won't need to replace my Prius fob again in this lifetime but if i would've had one of these blue tooth key fob finder things last year, it would have saved me $368 plus tax. would have been a good investment. If these have a good track record of reliability, i will get one. i appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts