Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
tips

:D Congrats on entering the 21st century! Now, read that little book in the glove compartment.

You will do a bit better overall with the engine oil a little bit 'under' and the tire inflations a bit 'over'. Don't be surprised if the engine oil appears overfilled though; a lot of them arrive that way. Just fix it.

Due to Toyota's cleverness it is basically impossible to drive the car 'wrong'. However, for best fuel economy you ought to read some of the fine posts in the internet groups, and see how much of that advice you can use.

Most important for a newborn is to take your eyes off the little TV screen and avoid other cars. Don't be the next one posting a picture of your new crashed baby; we have seen too many of those already.

Very likely driving Prius will be calming, and that might spread to other areas of your life. It wouldn't be the first time...

DAS

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Your car will make many odd little robot noises (even after you turn it off) that are different than any past car you've had. Don't worry about them. They are ALL normal.

·
Registered
216 Posts
And enjoy scaring people in the parking lot!

PA P

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
The technology of the synergy of the electric and gas engines is amazing. The constant transisitioning, working in tandem and shutting off and on is almost seamless. The first week or two I had my Prius, the slight shuddering as the engines transisitioned was somewhat of a concern and annoyance. However, I got used to it and rarely if ever think about it now.

Also, you may be surprised to find the Prius idling while stopped. It is normal for it to do so when warming up for the first minute in warmer weather and a few minutes in winter. Also, certain battery state of charge states will cause it to idle sometimes, even bucking a bit as it decides whether it wants to idle or not. But this is relatively rare.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Don't forget to make sure that the dealer included the hand crank...in case you ever need to recharge the main battery if it gets low and you're away from an electrical outlet!
[laughing]

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yes, the place where you put the crank is behind the little circle on the front bumper.

Oh wait, I forget, that's where you plug it in.

Wait, which is it? I forgot now. Let me go check.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually, sliding the floor back is not really that bad at all, especially after you get used to doing it several times. Thats when your battery dies, and you have to peddle like the Flintstones!!!!

:D :D WELCOME to the CLUB!!! :D :D

You're really gonna LOVE your new car!!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
And get ready to temporarily take your hand off the wheel to wave at other Prius drivers---but don't necessarily expect a wave back. And watch for squirrels, mice, and parakeets. :lol:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Add more accessories such as : Sunroof, Leathers, Wood package and more. You are already makin' payment on the car so as might well go
all the way ! Congrats on you new Prius ownership .

Initial Tank fill MPG will be great but then you will see less MPG as the tank goes low on fuel ? Or is it my Prius only ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.