Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I traded in my '05 SCION XA, and got a loaded '07 Camry Hybrid.

And! I tried out the 'volume' mod (you know, to get to the override screen), and it WORKED! YES!

So at least on the '07 Camry Hybrid, I can still hit the override, and have the functions just like in my '05 Prius. That made my night, when I found that out.

I will post pics later. I really love the car.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Is the screen like the Prius 2006, or closer to the 2004-2005? If the former, then maybe a backdoor is still available in the 2006 Prius, but was changed to evade us.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanMan32 said:
Is the screen like the Prius 2006, or closer to the 2004-2005? If the former, then maybe a backdoor is still available in the 2006 Prius, but was changed to evade us.
2006, for sure. Very pretty. I will try to get a screen shot today.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TJandGENESIS said:
DanMan32 said:
2006, for sure. Very pretty. I will try to get a screen shot today.
And I did. What follows is a series of shots, that my brother took while I drove. You can see that I have the override screen, and what happens when you hit it, and *BONUS FEATURE* (that is not in my '05 PRIUS), is you can now dial out a phone call, after you hit the override! How cool is that? (Just look at the shots from the bottom up; too tired to fix the order)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Definitely same screen resolution, but obviously the function behind the screen graphics is different, since your climate control is a separate panel.

But still, I would guess there's a way in on the Prius. We just have to find it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
sweeet.. love the tint, I'm not to excited about the wheels, but hey, whatever makes you happy!

Congrats!

I just saw my first Camry Hybrid on the road. It was a Titanium Silver. Too bad we don't get the MFD here... no nav option.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Anybody?

I can't see any photos in any of TJ's posts. This has happened before with other poeple's posts supposedly includ'g photos, but I just figured the posters forgot to add them in. It's not the same in this case because Dan & Tideland both make comments about the photos.

What am I doing wrong?

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Guess what?

I guess I must be "logged in" to see all those photos I've been missing. All I did was log in to ask my question, & when I clicked "submit" up popped the thread with all of TJ's photos. Nice pix, TJ !!!

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Also, I'm back to the situation I had before where if I make more than a 2-line post (at my typing speed) I get timed out, or "no specific post" message, or "this page cannot be displayed" when I click "submit". I again have a new "used" computer (a slight upgrade again for me).

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Is it just me, or does it look a little bit like a Dodge Charger with the tint and wheels like that?

I'd never noticed that about the Camry before, but your looks just a little Charger-y that way.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ehurtley said:
Is it just me, or does it look a little bit like a Dodge Charger with the tint and wheels like that?

I'd never noticed that about the Camry before, but your looks just a little Charger-y that way.
Huh! Well, that may explain why I felt like, at first, it was a bit like a undercover cop car...

Yeah, I know it's not, but it looked like that to me.

To be completely honest, when I first saw the wheels/tire combination, I was put off by it, but now, I like it, and it looks more like a hot rod.

And I'm an old gear head, so that is cool.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TJandGENESIS said:
To be completely honest, when I first saw the wheels/tire combination, I was put off by it, but now, I like it, and it looks more like a hot rod.

And I'm an old gear head, so that is cool.
Yet, that feeling did not last for long. Since I know some people real well, they let me change the Verde in for some Status Rims. Much nicer, IMHO.

And only larger (total) then stock. Neat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sweet Camry

I love the color and wheels. What color camry is that? Roughly how much did the Camry cost with the package you got?
I am thinking of getting one after looking at this one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts