Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem is it has the red triangle of death. Owner said that popped up and now the gas engine won't start and run. He drove it home on electric power. It only has the red triangle, no check engine light or any other warning lights. I've searched the forum but have not seen this exact problem mentioned. Any idea what might cause this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bob

Bob V here The Trick here is to unplug the Connector on the Black Box next to the 12v Battery Get an ob1 reader an check all the Battery Cells Make sure the Water Pump is functioning ok Too off with Toyota Anti Freeze
Plenty of U Tube Videos for help ok BV
I appreciate the response. I've looked on youtube but cant find a video that addresses the exact problem this car has. It will run on battery power but the gas engine will not come on when it should.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As one person posted I would check for 12 V battery or just go ahead and replace that battery you can get it from automotive parts store or something like battery warehouse needs to be a sealed battery. I have a friend who had the same problem and it was the 12 V battery it controls the computer which if it’s not working will not start the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts