Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on my first day to work in my new PRIUS I went 64 miles and in down town LA trafic and got 54.9 MPG. Yes this is good as they advertize. I did get over 80MPG when I was at down town going stop and go and then in the freeway going 70 miles and it was doing 43 MPG overall, I got 54.9 and love it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Classic said:
Today on my first day to work in my new PRIUS I went 64 miles and in down town LA trafic and got 54.9 MPG. Yes this is good as they advertize. I did get over 80MPG when I was at down town going stop and go and then in the freeway going 70 miles and it was doing 43 MPG overall, I got 54.9 and love it.
Congrats on your new purchase. I'm sure there will be many other days that you will look at that MFD and think the same exact thing... Especially being in LA and watching the traffic go by you idling away while you are in silence. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LA down town trafic is so bad and I think is the result of too many bad engineering project. Several major freeway carpool end at down town and not through. Some kids must be incharge of Caltran in LA

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep,having the engine stop and not overheating in traffic jams not to mention not using fuel.Is definately a stress reliever.

Enjoy your new car and congrats!!

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts