Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my 2006 Prius, Super White/Bisque, Pkg #8 in 2 hours. I can't wait, after months of reading the forum, I am finally in the club.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Very exciting! :D Loads of fun ahead. Congratulations.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats and good luck with it. I finally got my call today after waiting since July for my 06' that it will be in next week. (Black with Grey) If it was Monday I was going to take it but he says most likely it will be the middle of the week so they're holding it until Jan 2nd.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Forfeiting the tax credit avaailable next week? Possible tax savings of $3,100.
Dealers across the country are probably looking at Prii on the lots for the first time in ages, as people wait for next week to pick them up. I wonder if any of them are taking advantage of this by getting radio spots saying "Now, for a limited time, a chance to test drive a Prius!" Since so many dealers can't keep them on the lots long enough to give test drives. That's what I'd do.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If my dealer began giving test drives in 'my' car and I saw mileage on it they can keep it quite honestly. I expect the car to be tucked away somewhere and they know this. If its on the showroom to be sat in or used as a test drive car they can keep it and I'll keep my money. Sorry but that's how 'I' want the deal to go down.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've been out and about in middle TN over the past 3 days and I've noticed Prii on the lots of several Toyota dealerships. They're right up front for display so I don't know if they've already been sold or not. But I had the same thought -- if someone was on the fence about buying one, they should take advantage of the situation and take a test drive. I know my test drive sealed the deal for me. :)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Paradox said:
Congrats and good luck with it. I finally got my call today after waiting since July for my 06' that it will be in next week. (Black with Grey) If it was Monday I was going to take it but he says most likely it will be the middle of the week so they're holding it until Jan 2nd.
Very smart for you ( 06 Tax Credit ) and very nice dealer for holding the 06 Prius for you till Jan 2nd .. I do have "Dozens" of 06 for my 06 Prius customers till Jan 02 06 registration and delivery so my Customers can benefit for the 06 Tax Credit as well !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts