Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a company that installs Sirius or XM by way of the touch screen here in Orange County.

Exclusive Audio and Alarm
714-223-9005
mine was $610 installed (early Xmas present)
The installer is a Prius certified installer. They do alot of installs for Toyota of Orange.

I'm so stoked.......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Toyota will have this accessory with dealers after March

I remember seeing an extra accessory of XM radio being available after March of 2006 for a price of 440$ with installation charges extra. I believe if you buy it directly with Toyota then you can ask for warranty with dealer itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually received their phone number from the guys at Toyota of Orange.

Toyota of Orange wanted $750.00 for the install.

·
Registered
508 Posts
J.Wilkie said:
I actually received their phone number from the guys at Toyota of Orange.

Toyota of Orange wanted $750.00 for the install.
:shock: Does that include the hardware too? Still seems steep, considering how easy the XM installation was for me. (Well, not EASY, but it wasn't horrendously difficult either.)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
It sounds like a lot to me too. I paid $300 and put it in myself. If they put it in, it would have been $400. I believe it is the same unit. It plugs into the back of radio and works through the MFD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the breakdown on the charges.....

Antenna 75.00
Receiver 400.00
Labor 100.00
tax 36.00

I was not about to tear my dash apart. I congratulate and respect anyone who would take on this task of installation, I'm not one.

I had my antenna mounted on the inside rear window along the top. I will post pictures later.

John

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I understand about paying someone to do it. I do that all the time for things that I could do but choose not to for other reasons. I was also wrong about the price. I also paid $400 for the unit but that included the antenna. They also charge about $100 to put it in so it seems reasonable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts