Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I paid up my deposit for a silver 2006 package 4, due to arrive 12/24 (I will take tile after Jan 1). I had been wrestling with the purchase of 2005 but at the last minute the 2006 model showed up on the dealer's list.

I don't think I got a great deal: about $1800 over MSRP, but probably a better trade-in price than the competition. Just couldn't do any better without lots of travel and lost work time, and my situation does not make that easy, so I bit the bullet.

Versus the 2005 pkg 4, the only items of value for me are the MP3 input jack and I LOVE the tire pressure monitor. Not sure about the rear-view camera, but if it's fish-eye enough to help me back out from between two SUV and sneak a peak at oncoming parking-lot traffic, that might be useful.

Anyway, for those who have helped me do this smarter, thanks. I'll be back. :wink:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congratulations! I hope, when you get it, that you'll give us a full report on the new features. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats

When I first started driving my Prius my daughter and son-in-law just loved it as well. They kept talking about how they would buy mine and i could go get a new one. I thought "no way" but now with all these new features I can't wait to "upgrade". Course it will be another three years before they come back, the Prius should be able to pay all my bills and make my hair appointment by then, right???

Wish I had that tire pressure monitor....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Congrats

salsawonder said:
now with all these new features I can't wait to "upgrade". Course it will be another three years before they come back, the Prius should be able to pay all my bills and make my hair appointment by then, right??? Wish I had that tire pressure monitor....
I find myself really wanting about half the options in most Toyota "packages" - I'd be much better off ordering 'a la carte.' Alas, not much choice with the way they do it.

Had to draw the line at an extra >$4000 for Blue-tooth and a navigation system, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts