Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got cold feet, and missed the end of the month sales incentives. Truth is, I was the only one in the family excited about the Prius and I have a perfectly good 2005 Mercedes. I may wait until the fall when the 2006 models appear--that way I can justify the change. Who wants to be caught driving last years model? :oops:

I do enjoy this board. Hopefully, a hybrid is in my future. Pray for me!! :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Ormond said:
Who wants to be caught driving last years model? :oops:

I do enjoy this board. Hopefully, a hybrid is in my future. Pray for me!! :twisted:
You seem to make it sound like a bad thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Or you can think of: the sooner you get it the sooner you save. There will not be any major changes from the 2005 to the 2006 models. Also, also the tax rebate goes from $2k to $500 in 2006.

I just drove to San Antonio this weekend (8 hrs) and going 75 mph got 55 mpg and on the way back going 70 mph (had to slow down due to cross winds) got 57 mpg. My draily commute driving 60 mph (in city limits) I get 60 mpg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Ormond said:
I got cold feet, and missed the end of the month sales incentives. Truth is, I was the only one in the family excited about the Prius and I have a perfectly good 2005 Mercedes. I may wait until the fall when the 2006 models appear--that way I can justify the change. Who wants to be caught driving last years model? :oops:

I do enjoy this board. Hopefully, a hybrid is in my future. Pray for me!! :twisted:
Nahh. We'll pray for your kids: the air they breathe, and their tours of duty in the Mideast defending oil exporters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
richard schumacher said:
Ormond said:
I got cold feet, and missed the end of the month sales incentives. Truth is, I was the only one in the family excited about the Prius and I have a perfectly good 2005 Mercedes. I may wait until the fall when the 2006 models appear--that way I can justify the change. Who wants to be caught driving last years model? :oops:

I do enjoy this board. Hopefully, a hybrid is in my future. Pray for me!! :twisted:
Nahh. We'll pray for your kids: the air they breathe, and their tours of duty in the Mideast defending oil exporters.
Poor young kids, they don't even know that's what they're doing in the Mideast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
evander said:
richard schumacher said:
Ormond said:
I got cold feet, and missed the end of the month sales incentives. Truth is, I was the only one in the family excited about the Prius and I have a perfectly good 2005 Mercedes. I may wait until the fall when the 2006 models appear--that way I can justify the change. Who wants to be caught driving last years model? :oops:

I do enjoy this board. Hopefully, a hybrid is in my future. Pray for me!! :twisted:
Nahh. We'll pray for your kids: the air they breathe, and their tours of duty in the Mideast defending oil exporters.
Poor young kids, they don't even know that's what they're doing in the Mideast.
The future, sir, the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I have been told by a reliable source that the Prius will change significantly in the 2007 model year, as most people on this forum have been assuming. If you're waiting for a 2006, you might consider waiting for a 2007.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Tadashi said:
I just drove to San Antonio this weekend (8 hrs) and going 75 mph got 55 mpg and on the way back going 70 mph (had to slow down due to cross winds) got 57 mpg. My draily commute driving 60 mph (in city limits) I get 60 mpg.
That's great mileage. Just got a 2nd '05 (both package #6), 1st one has 23K on it in <8 months. Took 2 long trips in 1st one.
1st trip 3800 miles and 44.0 mpg, 2nd trip 3400 miles trip and 44.2 mpg. Same route, same speeds, 73 to 74 mph in the 70 mph zones & 78 to 79 in the 75 mph zones. Cruise control & climate controlled A/C on the whole way. GPS worked fantastic and car never missed a beat.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top