Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The windshield cracked on my new Prius...now the money I didn't spend ont he glass breakage alarm is going to fix the windshield...Toyota glass sucks! (I had to do this before on my classic Prius)

·
Registered
919 Posts
I was never told about any glass breakage alarm system. Is this peculiar to California? Never new such a thing existed.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
The GBS is supposed to sense when someone breaks (or taps hard) on your glass to break in. It would set off the alarm.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
paul16451 said:
The windshield cracked on my new Prius...now the money I didn't spend ont he glass breakage alarm is going to fix the windshield...Toyota glass sucks! (I had to do this before on my classic Prius)
How did it break ?

Make sure you ck with your auto insurance person. In my last car, I had to get windshield replaced due to rock flying & cracking it. To my surprise, I had some kind of coverage that paid for most of it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
An04Prius said:
paul16451 said:
How did it break ?

Make sure you ck with your auto insurance person. In my last car, I had to get windshield replaced due to rock flying & cracking it. To my surprise, I had some kind of coverage that paid for most of it.
I also had my front windshield damaged by some flying object, and except for deductible amount, my insurance covered the rest.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
evander said:
I was never told about any glass breakage alarm system. Is this peculiar to California? Never new such a thing existed.
It's an extra accessory that you can order to add to your car, like the floor mats or a front end mask.
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2005/pri ... ories.html

Basically it's a little microphone that's tuned to the sound of vibrating/breaking glass. If not tuned properly, however, it may cause the alarm to go off with nearby thunder or airplanes flying overhead...

But yeah, check with your auto insurance company and see if you have coverage for broken glass. In MA (about the most heavily regulated state), all auto insurance policies have glass breakage as standard. (and the auto insurance industry has been pushing for a long time to get that requirement removed and just have it as an option...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts