Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting three weeks, my Prius arrived this morning. Seaside Pearl, package 6, full tank of gas and 2 miles on the odometer.

YES! :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Cool! Enjoy! My favorite color, too. Although Driftwood Pearl is also nice :wink:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congrats!

I like my Seaside... (Even though I had the name confused with Tideland for the first three months of owning it.) And low miles is fun, mine only had 3 when I took delivery!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Congratulations! I'm jealous, though. Mine must have been the test drive Prius on lot because it had 141 miles on it!!! Left me a bit concerned, but so far everything's perfect! You'll really enjoy this forum and become well informed about your new car. :roll:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
141 miles? At what point does a car stop being "new"? That seems over the limit.

That is like driving from Washington, DC to Richmond, VA and halfway back again.

But having waited three weeks, a "used" Prius is better than no Prius!

·
Registered
420 Posts
majordude said:
But having waited three weeks ...
Three weeks? THREE WEEKS? You aren't expecting sympathy from earlier buyers who waited months and months - in my case, eight of 'em - are you?!?

But congratulations - and great color, too.

Although, Astrowoman, Driftwood Pearl IS very nice!

·
Registered
420 Posts
evander said:
Congratulations! I'm jealous, though. Mine must have been the test drive Prius on lot because it had 141 miles on it!!! Left me a bit concerned, but so far everything's perfect! You'll really enjoy this forum and become well informed about your new car. :roll:
When the '04 first came out, the only Colorado dealer we could find with one to test drive was in Boulder (of course). We raced over there, where we waited 45 minutes for the previous test-driver to return before being informed that we wouldn't be able to drive the car - because its owner had showed up to take delivery.

"It's probably just as well," the salesman told us. "The car has 288 miles on it already."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to mention that I got it for $500 OFF MSRP instead of $3,000 OVER which is what Power Toyota of Cerritos wanted.

I was on a waiting list on four dealerships before Norwalk Toyota came through for me.

There are a few silver, black and white Pri's available but no one has the red, blue or light green.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got it for $500 OFF MSRP
Congratulations on ur new car!
Kudos on the below MSRP purchase..........(assuming Cerritos's msrp is not inflated?)

8)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations!!

My car is still at the body shop due to a stray piece of metal on the freeway. My prius has been for gone longer than I had it in my garage :(

Power Toyota of Cerritos tried to pull the same thing with me. The sales guy said that I would be lucky if I got a Prius and paid less than 4 - 5 thousand over invoice. Of course I didn't by there and went to a smaller dealer Toyota of Long Beach who was only asking for MSRP.

[/list][/quote]

·
Registered
420 Posts
majordude said:
I forgot to mention that I got it for $500 OFF MSRP instead of $3,000 OVER which is what Power Toyota of Cerritos wanted.
Go ahead. Just keep that knife twisting. :)

Actually, our wait was as long as it was because we walked away from a dealer that wanted about $4k over MSRP (though part of that markup was for stuff that existed but which we didn't want, such as wheel locks and rear bumper applique). You done good to hold out for an honest deal.

·
Registered
919 Posts
majordude said:

I was on a waiting list on four dealerships before Norwalk Toyota came through for me.

There are a few silver, black and white Pri's available but no one has the red, blue or light green.
Interesting! The only ones on our lot were red, green(???), white, and my blue. When I asked about black, the salesman said he'd never seen one. It seemed everyone wanted to drive my blue, hence the extra mileage which was only disclosed while I signed papers. I did hesitate, but by then I was set to close the deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts