Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, 10-26-05
I just drove my new Prius home (silver package #4) from St. Joseph, Missouri. I was on the waiting list 77 days. I got the call that my car was physically here while I was at the blackjack table in Las Vegas. You would have thought that I had just won a million bucks. The people at the blackjack table did not know what a Prius was. I could not wait to fly home to get my car. I was like a kid at Christmas.
I had been a Ford man for the past 38 yrs. (22 of those with Ford pick-ups). This is a big change but a good change.
I want to thank all of those on this board. I have followed it since Aug. 11th. Your knowledge, experience, and advice was invaluable.
Learning to drive again is going to be so much fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
new...

It's an awesome feeling isn't it?

Congrats and keep posting any comments and reviews, and by all means keep asking questions.

Educate the masses, too. You are now your own Prius expert, showing all the light.

Okay enough hokie talk, just drive it! 8)

·
Registered
26 Posts
huskers said:
Hi all, 10-26-05
I just drove my new Prius home (silver package #4) from St. Joseph, Missouri. I was on the waiting list 77 days. I got the call that my car was physically here while I was at the blackjack table in Las Vegas. You would have thought that I had just won a million bucks. The people at the blackjack table did not know what a Prius was. I could not wait to fly home to get my car. I was like a kid at Christmas.
I had been a Ford man for the past 38 yrs. (22 of those with Ford pick-ups). This is a big change but a good change.
I want to thank all of those on this board. I have followed it since Aug. 11th. Your knowledge, experience, and advice was invaluable.
Learning to drive again is going to be so much fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Alright! Know how you felt as I think on this forum there are a lot of folks who have been there too. I too was a Ford man since 1961 and was waiting for Ford to put a Hybrid Vehicle on the market...but they didn't and I think they could have. Now they can, but I don't think they can come close to what the Prius is today or tomorrow. Enjoy your Prius as I know you will.

·
Registered
304 Posts
From a fellow ex-truck driver (still have the truck though) congratulation! It'll feel like an old friend before long and I'm still learning all the time, still after almost a year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good job and wise chice. Every day that you pass the gas station without requiring to refuel it again you will love it more. The best part for me is now I am in CAR POOL lane.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been driving for 2 days now. What a great car. I was called today to fly to Gulf Port, MS to work with the Red Cross for 3 weeks on hurricane relief efforts. Boy am I going to miss my new car. I think I will take the owners manual with me and read it in my spare time.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
huskers said:
I have been driving for 2 days now. What a great car. I was called today to fly to Gulf Port, MS to work with the Red Cross for 3 weeks on hurricane relief efforts. Boy am I going to miss my new car. I think I will take the owners manual with me and read it in my spare time.
Take a laptop and PriusOnline with you, and you can read us, too! :)

Safe trip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congratulations! It's almost better than winning a million bucks! I love my little car! I've had mine since mid-August and my mileage has never been under 52 mpg.

Patti
2005 Tideland

1 - 8 of 8 Posts