Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to these boards though I had been lurking off and on for awhile. I just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know that I think this board is a great resource for people like me to get info that I just can't seem to find on the web.

I had been on the waitlist for a '06 Prius for a few months. I just picked it up on New Year's Day (what a way to start off the year). So far I am LOVING it. I also have a 35 mile commute so I am seriously REALLY loving it!! The fuel efficiency is what seems to get center stage when this car is brought up but I honestly think the best part is how fun it is to drive. It just really is a joy to be behind the wheel of this car.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Thank for coming and glad that you have joined the club.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:) WELCOME Scaught... and congrats on your new Prius..

~~~~~~~ AND ~~~~~~~

I envy you for your TAX CREDIT. You're due for a $3,000 PLUS savings in your Income Tax bill for 2006. Shame you have to wait for that reward until you file your '06 tax return.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Do I even have to say it??? Happy New Year Scaught.

Of course, there is the Prius, the tax credit, the great milage. Add to that the chance to talk to people like mrv, DanMan32, KTPhil, HIVOLTAGE, and a multitude more great Prius people, which was an unexpected bonus for me.

One thing you're really going to get to love is the smart key. Before I bought a Prius I'd never heard of it. It took about three seconds to figure out that it was spectacular. No more trying to get your keys out of your pocket and try to open the lock in complete darkness. And I figured out the other day that if the person with the key leaves the car, it won't just die when it is 20 feet away!

But, from what I've read, you must make sure to never leave an interior light on for any length of time or the little 12V battery will be killed. Why Toyota couldn't put a safety guard on it so that wouldn't happen I can't figure out. Oh, and the gas guage, but that's a story you can read about in the 100 threads about that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Scaught said:
I am new to these boards though I had been lurking off and on for awhile. I just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know that I think this board is a great resource for people like me to get info that I just can't seem to find on the web.

I had been on the waitlist for a '06 Prius for a few months. I just picked it up on New Year's Day (what a way to start off the year). So far I am LOVING it. I also have a 35 mile commute so I am seriously REALLY loving it!! The fuel efficiency is what seems to get center stage when this car is brought up but I honestly think the best part is how fun it is to drive. It just really is a joy to be behind the wheel of this car.
Welcome to the board.. I'm new here too but this is my second hybrid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome!!! What a great start for the New Year!! :)

I know that you will enjoy your Prius... and all the conversations that occur in this group!! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts