Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2001 prius and would like to put a licence plate on the front but I do not have a bracket. I know that alot of people remove their brackets, and I was wondering if anyone still has theirs and if so, if they would like to get rid of them. if so please let me know!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
My front license plate is bolted directly to the front bumper. No frame is necessary. (Don't really like the frames - blocks too much of the plate, making both the plate and also any writing on the frame difficult to read.)

Depending if a front license plate is not required in your state, your front bumper may not have the holes drilled in the front bumper to mount a plate. If that's the case, I'd suggest:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toy ... 008-00.pdf
US TSB PG008-00
May 19, 2000, Front License Plate Installation, 2001 Prius

If you need a frame, you could probably talk to a local dealer and ask if they'll give you one of their promotional ones. Otherwise, the parts department would probably have several available for purchase with a Prius logo and such.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Like Michelle said, for the 2001, the front license is attached directly to the bumper with two self tapping screws. There is no official bracket for this.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, I just popped a guide hole through the little factory-made indented divots where the plate goes and screwed the plate in. I bought a bracket thinking I needed it, but I didn't. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts