Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can avoid having to press the "I Agree" button whenever I want to use the navi system?

Just curious...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
drum_chi said:
Does anyone know if you can avoid having to press the "I Agree" button whenever I want to use the navi system?

Just curious...

Coastal Dave - he's got a mod you can buy that'll take care of it (among other things). Coastal Technologies has lots of groovy aftermarket gadgets for Prii. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I thought the XM radio was a great idea until I learned that in addition to actually getting the system itself, you also have to pay a monthly subscription for the stations. I've never really taken my car on a lot of long trips, so it's not really worth the price for me.

·
Registered
508 Posts
While I respect the opinions of those who don't feel it's worth it, I gotta say XM has vastly changed my outlook on the >1.5 hours I spend slogging to and from work every day.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Their special is $299, plus free 1-year subscription and waived activation fee.

Works for me. Plus taxes, that works out to $1.06 per day. And I won't have to hear that out-of-tune singing of that Toyota commercial they're constantly playing.

Over 2 years, and taking into account $10 monthly fee for the second year, that works out to 61 cents per day.

Assuming that XMSR (the stock ticker) stays solvent for 3 years and doesn't have any price increases, my daily cost would only be 52-cents per day.

Another way to think of it is that after the first year, my cost is only 35-cents per day. Still not bad, compared to the candy budget. :)

I think it's worth it. I've stopped eating candy bars, which were costing me over a dollar a day, so I'm still in the black.

Oops...I just realized this is a NAV related thread. So sorry for the hijack! :oops:

·
Registered
232 Posts
K.....back on topic.....!

Who has purchased from Coastal Dave and can give any reference to ease of install or how easy the included directions are to follow for the install.
Looks like if we purchase the "I Agree" package....that we would need to know some wiring?

·
Registered
150 Posts
bshef said:
Looks like if we purchase the "I Agree" package....that we would need to know some wiring?
Mine's still on order, but from the looks of things, it's going to be easiest installable item being offered by them. Look under your driver seat. I think it's going to be just a matter of:
1. unplugging the cable from the DVD unit
2. plugging in the new doohickey into the unit
3. plugging in the cable into the doohickey

If you want to use the other features such as the video & audio inputs, you're have to run some wiring. :)

Louie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts