Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving an SUV used to be a way to look cool. And it still is cool — as long as it's one of these three: the 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD, the 2006 Lexus RX 400h or the 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

What's special about them? They get good fuel economy. So good that you can break up your co-workers' coffee bar discussions about "guess what my two-year-old said…" with "you're not going to believe this, but my new pet SUV is getting 25 mpg."

But there's more to it than improving your fuel economy. There's that wonderful feeling of knowing you've chosen the greenest transportation around without giving up an ounce of utility. That's what it's like to drive a hybrid SUV. The Jeep Liberty diesel might not qualify you for the same moral high ground, but then, you don't pay as much to get into one.

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/105527/article.html

At least they mention this:

"Finally, there's the emissions issue. Diesels emit less carbon dioxide than gasoline engines but release more nitrogen oxide and soot, especially when they run on the high-sulfur diesel fuel sold in the U.S"[/url]

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
Driving an SUV used to be a way to look cool. And it still is cool — as long as it's one of these three: the 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD, the 2006 Lexus RX 400h or the 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

What's special about them? They get good fuel economy. So good that you can break up your co-workers' coffee bar discussions about "guess what my two-year-old said…" with "you're not going to believe this, but my new pet SUV is getting 25 mpg."

But there's more to it than improving your fuel economy. There's that wonderful feeling of knowing you've chosen the greenest transportation around without giving up an ounce of utility. That's what it's like to drive a hybrid SUV. The Jeep Liberty diesel might not qualify you for the same moral high ground, but then, you don't pay as much to get into one.

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/105527/article.html

At least they mention this:

"Finally, there's the emissions issue. Diesels emit less carbon dioxide than gasoline engines but release more nitrogen oxide and soot, especially when they run on the high-sulfur diesel fuel sold in the U.S"[/url]
Will Diesels be considered "SULEV"( Toyota-Lexus)and noise pollution free ?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Hence I was glad they mentioned the emissions part for the diesel.

P.S. Please guys, I'm just the messenger, posting news article. I've been getting replies as if what's written were my thoughts and beliefs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts