Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there haggle room on the Hybrid Camry at this time, or is the demand such that it's MSRP?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think you're stuck with MSRP around here. I had to wait about 3 months for the one I got a couple weeks ago, and even then I moved up the list because 2 people ahead of me for same color/package fell through. Best I could do was $250 off MSRP, using a loyalty coupon from my previous Prius purchase. I do have a couple of their $250 coupons for "friends and family" still in my file. You're welcome to one (they're for Walser Bloomington Toyota); let me know.

Also, if you or spouse has college degree from last 2 years, you can finance it thru TMAC and thus get a $400 rebate that the dealer applies to your down payment. My wife is in her 40's, but she completed a degree a while back, and we used that for rebates on two Prii and the HyCam in the past 18 mos., then just paid off the loans within a month or so, as we'd planned to pay cash anyway.

I was also on a waitlist for the HyCam at Heintz toyota in Mankato, and they are also about 4 months out. MSRP. Good people down there; my dad bought a prius from them in 8/05. (Both Heintz and Walser hit you for no more than a $50 doc fee, other than the usual halfhearted attempts to pitch extended warranty and the other BS.)

rob

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rpm said:
I think you're stuck with MSRP around here. I had to wait about 3 months for the one I got a couple weeks ago, and even then I moved up the list because 2 people ahead of me for same color/package fell through. Best I could do was $250 off MSRP, using a loyalty coupon from my previous Prius purchase. I do have a couple of their $250 coupons for "friends and family" still in my file. You're welcome to one (they're for Walser Bloomington Toyota); let me know.

Also, if you or spouse has college degree from last 2 years, you can finance it thru TMAC and thus get a $400 rebate that the dealer applies to your down payment. My wife is in her 40's, but she completed a degree a while back, and we used that for rebates on two Prii and the HyCam in the past 18 mos., then just paid off the loans within a month or so, as we'd planned to pay cash anyway.

I was also on a waitlist for the HyCam at Heintz toyota in Mankato, and they are also about 4 months out. MSRP. Good people down there; my dad bought a prius from them in 8/05. (Both Heintz and Walser hit you for no more than a $50 doc fee, other than the usual halfhearted attempts to pitch extended warranty and the other BS.)

rob
Rudy Luther Dealership (Toyota City) swears they are only 4-6 weeks out. They've been good to us on past cars so would probably go there. I'll let you know if I need the coupon, as I bet they would match it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yeah.. the demand is pretty high. At my dealership I bought my Toyota from I was talking to my dealer and he was saying that once the Cambrids came out it took a SLIGHT dent off the Prius list (300+ people) and started forming a new Cambrid list.. Barely out of the oven and people are trying to eat em! :)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
CH or the Camry Hybrid price stays at MSRP for the foreseeable future but, Prius price will come down a little from MSRP list. Probably in the tune of $500 to $750

Toyota says has a back log order of 5000 CH ! therefore will commence production this month in KY along the ICE Camry assembly lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts