Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting since May for a Prius to come my way. In the beginning I wasn't too picky about colors. As my wait has gotten longer and as I have slowly but surely watched for Prii on the highways, I've become more discriminating. Driftwood is the only color that I have not seen "in person." I have checked out photos posted by proud Driftwood owners, and I appreciate being able to do so. Thanks! Recently, I became more confused when a salesperson referred to a Prius that had just left their lot as being "that gold color." To make matters worse, I have had the option to take a Driftwood that was arriving at a nearby dealership, but I'm very reluctant to a commitment without ever seeing the real thing. How does Driftwood compare with the other Toyota beige-y colors---Desert Sand Mica, or Sonora Gold Pearl for example?
Thanks for any and all input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Driftwood is BEAUTIFUL...I've seen all the colors upclose and from from afar. I think the Driftwood is classy and clean with Salsa Red in second place. The color changes and yes there seems to be a lot of other cars with a similar color but not quite the same. Another good thing about the color is that it's hard to see dirt after rain. Good Luck on your choice. Ultimately its the car and you'll love it.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
paint color code for the Driftwood Pearl US Prius is "4S2"

I don't think another car in the Toyota lineup also carries this color... (I think the only shared colors are Black and White).

Desert Sand Mica is 4Q2 (on the Tundra, Camry, Solara, Corolla, and Avalon), Sonora Gold Pearl is 4R3 (on the Land Cruiser, Highlander).

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think the driftwood moniker is apt as it strikes me as a nice beach sand kind of color. I don't have that color, but I've seen it several times and I think it is nice--not racy or sporty, but elegant.
Moo :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I parked next to a driftwood Prius outside of a Best Buy this summer. When I came out, the other car was gone. I wonder if the driver ever noticed that he/she had parked next to a silver Prius. It's possible that they never noticed.

And you're all right, it is a classy color.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Depends on color of your eyes. Blue & green eyes are perfect for silver car.

Brown, hazel & green eyes are great w/Driftwood.

Me? I have brown eyes & chose a silver 04 Prius. Terrible match. At my age, who cares? 8)

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Negative brown. I got a call from my dealer four months earlier than I expected to come by and check out a "beige" model that had come in and the eight people on the list ahead of me had passed without a look. (I mentrioned, I would accept any color and any package) I had owned a beige wagon for several years and was not that excited about the color but stopped by anyway only find a beautiful cross between Bronze and Gold. Line all colors offered up in line and I would have jumped on this one no questions asked. Six months now and couldn't be happier. It is a little difficult to find in the parking lots however as 3/4's of all 2004 cars seem to have been painted in a similar color. Sort of like being in Texas where they are all white.

·
Registered
363 Posts
scilady said:
Recently, I became more confused when a salesperson referred to a Prius that had just left their lot as being "that gold color."
I call it gold. I have a neibor who has one in that color and its a pretty classy look. I prefer something a bit flashier, so I have the "Salsa Red" which looks like no salsa that I have ever eaten.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
hyperion said:
Negative brown. I got a call from my dealer four months earlier than I expected to come by and check out a "beige" model
I would describe "beige" as "brown" too :) My box of crayons only has 8 colors White, Black, Brown, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, and Purple ... Anything else is marketing fluff designed to confuse people

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
melgish said:
hyperion said:
Negative brown. I got a call from my dealer four months earlier than I expected to come by and check out a "beige" model
I would describe "beige" as "brown" too :) My box of crayons only has 8 colors White, Black, Brown, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, and Purple ... Anything else is marketing fluff designed to confuse people
You forgot silver. Those silver crayons never worked worth crap, but admit it, you recognize silver when you see it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a Driftwood on order. My wife chose the colour by looking at a chip the dealer had. She didn't want silver because it seems that every second car these days is silver (although the Millenium Silver is still my favourite). Dark colours were out because we live in an area of BC where the temperatures get into the 100 degree F range regularly June to August. White was out because we've had two white vehicles for the last couple of years. So that left Driftwood, which my wife said she would like as long as it didn't appear "gold". A couple of weeks ago I called 16 different dealers in the BC lower mainland and managed to find one Driftwood Prius. Went to see it: concensus is that it is browny, beige, bronze...but not gold. Even I can see that, and I'm red-green colour blind :( . And we liked it! Now if they'd just finish making the damn thing and send it to us!

·
Registered
78 Posts
more color commentary

"I have the "Salsa Red" which looks like no salsa that I have ever eaten.

Since the leaves are finally turning color here in Tidewater VA, I can also call it Fall Dogwood or Maple Leaf Red.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts