Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of GT Covers for the rear seat of my '05 Prius. Installing the covers for the seat bottom requires running some straps underneath. Is there a release or does it need to be unbolted? Where?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Oswaldo

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Answered this a Priuschat before you had the question posted here!

Lift the rear portion of the seat bottom forward. If you can't get the straps in with that raised up removal is easy and obvious at that point.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Isn't the rear seats held on by buttons? I remember unbuttoning the rear seat on our 97 Corolla hehe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
efusco said:

Lift the rear portion of the seat bottom forward. If you can't get the straps in with that raised up removal is easy and obvious at that point.
Huh?

The rear seat bottom is removed by pulling up on the front edge of the cushion about 1/4 the way from the door. You can feel with your hands along the edge until you come to the exact spot. Just pull straight up and it will pop out. Repeat for the other side. Then, there is a hook about in the middle (possibly a little towards the drivers side) of the rear of the seat cushion which must be pushed down below this hook to remove the seat cushion.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
ScubaX said:
efusco said:

Huh?

The rear seat bottom is removed by pulling up on the front edge of the cushion about 1/4 the way from the door. You can feel with your hands along the edge until you come to the exact spot. Just pull straight up and it will pop out. Repeat for the other side. Then, there is a hook about in the middle (possibly a little towards the drivers side) of the rear of the seat cushion which must be pushed down below this hook to remove the seat cushion.
Well that's my point. Maybe I'll go check it out myself but the last seat I checked (our old 97 Corolla), you just pull the seat from the edge. It's held by buttons (the type on your rainjacket..).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
ScubaX said:
efusco said:

Huh?

Well that's my point. Maybe I'll go check it out myself but the last seat I checked (our old 97 Corolla), you just pull the seat from the edge. It's held by buttons (the type on your rainjacket..).
These are not rainjacket type snaps but rather large U shaped brackets that slide into some kind of catch. Just two of them as I described.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
ScubaX said:
efusco said:

Huh?

Yea, got corrected at Priuschat too....there's my one mistake for the year down the tubes...glad to get it out of the way! :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
ScubaX said:
Tideland Prius said:
ScubaX said:
efusco said:

Huh?

These are not rainjacket type snaps but rather large U shaped brackets that slide into some kind of catch. Just two of them as I described.
ohh? I see. Thanks! Didn't know. Thought most seats were button-type.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just feel along under the front edge of the seat cushion
until you find the right areas [about 6-8 inches in from
the ends], and then just pull upward fairly hard. It
takes a bit of persuasion sometimes.
_H*

·
Registered
1 Posts
You must be sitting in the seat for this to work. Sit in the seat directly behind the driver's seat. Slide your fingers underneath the seat to either side of the connector. Lean back and yank. Repeat for other side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts