Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it's hot, I like to leave the windows open an inch or two when I leave the car in a parking lot for a while. I have not figured out how to stop the driver's window at 1-2" without mulptiple flips of the switch and a bit of luck. Is there an easier way? :?:

·
Registered
736 Posts
leave window cracked

I do the same thing, and found that if I push down very lightly on the driver's window switch it stays in manual mode. Once it hits the "click" spot it goes to express up or down.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Just think of the shutter release on a modern, electronic camera. It is has two stops. The first stop is where the camera focuses and does light metering to set the exposure. The second press is the actual shutter release.

The same goes for the window. The first press to the first stop is manual down and pushing through that press to the bottom is auto down. The reverse is true for roling the window up.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much :!:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another window thing; I found I can get rid of the wind wow wow wow sound when windows are open by opening the the opposit corners, like the the passengers front window and the drivers rear window.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice tip. I will give it a try next spring. :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hep said:
... in Minn, people hibernate ? Now I understand how you tolerate the winter. :p

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Shouldn't you be asking how not to leave the window cracked? I mean what if the crack grows... eventually shattering the whole window...

If this keeps up, i might crack

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
melgish said:
Shouldn't you be asking how not to leave the window cracked? I mean what if the crack grows... eventually shattering the whole window...

This reminds me... Didn't you have a windsheild crack repaired? How did that turn out? Or did I dream this?...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An04Prius said:
Hep said:
... in Minn, people hibernate ? Now I understand how you tolerate the winter. :p
Are you saying you don't? Winter storm advisory for NE North Dakota tonight. Too close to home! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :shock:

Open window season isn't necessarily over, but it will be the exception from this point on. Need to get out the wool jogging shorts. :wink:

Flakey has not yet appeared on the dash, but I know it is only a matter of days. :cry:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hep said:
Flakey has not yet appeared on the dash, but I know it is only a matter of days. :cry:
"Flakey"? Your dashboard icons have NAMES?!? :shock:

(Hmm ... "What have you named your dashboard icons?" ... could be a good new thread :twisted: )

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
...Need to get out the wool jogging shorts. :wink:

Aren't those wooly ones itchy? Yuck.

I'm going to VT this weekend, and I anticipate Flakey will show up in the evenings. I might get out the black electrical tape and ignore him. That way it'll stay warmer outside.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sanny said:
I'm going to VT this weekend, and I anticipate Flakey will show up in the evenings. I might get out the black electrical tape and ignore him. That way it'll stay warmer outside.
I like your sense of denial!

Marge: When I first met your father, he was loud, crude and piggish. But I worked hard on him, and now, he's a whole new person.
Lisa: Mom...?
Marge: He's a whole new person, Lisa.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Hey, coloradospringsprius, you should take a photo of your Prius under the "Satellite." Spacy!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hep said:
An04Prius said:
Hep said:
Are you saying you don't?
Of course, WE do, but with us it is a tradition. People are disappointed if we dont ! Me ? I start yawning in Oct !! :|

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hep said:
melgish said:

This reminds me... Didn't you have a windsheild crack repaired? How did that turn out? Or did I dream this?...
SafeLite put their magic compound over the crack... still noticible if you look for it, but most of the time I don't see it. Hasn't grown any which was the whole point of getting it fixed.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Wow! You guys talking about winter already? My parents' airconditioner broke last weekend, and I had to reconfigure my dad's computer, so mom and I went swimming in the outdoor pool before I started so I wouldn't feel so hot.

OK, the pool is solar heated, but still it was much cooler water than I am used to! But it did keep the temps tolerable while I was working.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DanMan32 said:
Wow! You guys talking about winter already? My parents' airconditioner broke last weekend, and I had to reconfigure my dad's computer, so mom and I went swimming in the outdoor pool before I started so I wouldn't feel so hot.

OK, the pool is solar heated, but still it was much cooler water than I am used to! But it did keep the temps tolerable while I was working.
Stock the bar. I'll be right there. :wink:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
DanMan32 said:
OK, the pool is solar heated
Aren't they all, to some...uh...degree? I'm going to go out on a limb here and believe you are referring to some kind of system beyond the sun shining on the pool?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts