Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Los Angeles Area and the Toyota dealers are adding $8,000-12,000 to the MSRP of the Prius here. Is there a way to find it for closest to the MSRP as possible? I can wait several months, I don't need to have it immediately. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
curious said:
I am in the Los Angeles Area and the Toyota dealers are adding $8,000-12,000 to the MSRP of the Prius here. Is there a way to find it for closest to the MSRP as possible? I can wait several months, I don't need to have it immediately. Thanks in advance.
Call different dealers throughout the country. Try midwest dealers. Or, just wait for people to list the names of individual dealers that charge MSRP. (I know Broadway Toyota in Portland does.)

When it comes in, you can either fly to where it is and drive it home, or you can pay around $700 to have a shipping company bring it to you.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Absolutely. If they tell you "then go somewhere else," then do so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called Asif Mahmood at Toyota Town in Stockton (cell 209 327 0488).

I got a new Prius for MSRP in 4 weeks. It's not a bad drive!

(You will have to pay $100 to fly Southwest to Sacramento.)

Good luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
curious said:

??? been on lists since Feb & April and been to many dealers in same area. Highest I've seen is 7K over MSRP, just got my pkge #6 2005 @ MSRP. Pkge #6 2005 = pkge #9 2004.

How to do it?, get on list and wait or pay over MSRP. My other list is offering one to me @ MSRP, #6 2005 also, I may buy a 2nd one I like the first one with just 550 miles on it so much.

1 person carpool lane soon in CA. :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 person carpool lane soon in CA.
Hopefully, :shock: Still waiting on government approval.

anyways, I'm in riverside CA and got mine at MSRP. I'm still waiting for it but its coming in Oct 15th.. and I only ordered it Sept. 2nd.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up our salsa red '05 Prius yesterday afternoon from Tracy Toyota in Tracy, CA.
Ordered the vehicle in mid-April, staff was very professional throughout
For those interested, they charge MSRP and don't play games :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
hyperion said:
I would suggest that we all keep a list of our local dealers who charge over MSRP. Good place to stay away from for service or our next car.
North Hollywood should be high on that list :evil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
ATL Georgia

I found one at SandSprings Toyota for 27K including the leather seats. It's also red. I would say it is about 2K over as it should be priced at 25k. I am sure there is some one out there with enough passion to book a 1 way ticket and drive the sucker back.

I am also in the market for a Prius. However, I want a white Prius and I don't want to pay more than the MSRP for a car. Wish me luck.....It will probably take about 9 moths to land my Prius. :x

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: ATL Georgia

bombadillo said:
I am also in the market for a Prius. However, I want a white Prius and I don't want to pay more than the MSRP for a car. Wish me luck.....It will probably take about 9 moths to land my Prius. :x
I don't think it will take that long. I waited from Feb to Sep, 8 months and the production is supposedly picking up. In CA. they may catch fire as the HOV lanes are a federal signature away from 1 occupant driving a Prius in them :D That's why I am tempted to take the 2nd one (also MSRP) I am on another list at, white w/gray would do me fine. That list (Feb) has offered me one twice now, I can't pass again, I must decide next time they call. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
jimb said:
North Hollywood should be high on that list :evil:

Hollywood is high on everything. I stopped it at BMW of Beverley Hills a few months ago. They had a 2004 M3 Conv. marked up 10K. :shock:

A 10K markup for what? They used to be hard to get, but not any more. BMW of Riverside had 5 M3 Conv. last time I was there for MSRP.

But speaking of Markups, Anyone hear what the 2006 M5’s are going for? 200K. My friend works at the Irvine BMW center and they have pre-sold 4 of them at 200K. MSRP on that car is 100K.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts