Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the cloth seats on our 06, and for the life of me, I can't see in the manual where it talks about cleaning them---it only mentions leather and vinyl seats. We have the fabric protection option as well. Any thoughts as to a safe cleaning solution? :?: This is in anticipation of the first big, nasty spill (or the pup doing his "thing"). :lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Arne said:
We got the cloth seats on our 06, and for the life of me, I can't see in the manual where it talks about cleaning them---it only mentions leather and vinyl seats. We have the fabric protection option as well. Any thoughts as to a safe cleaning solution? :?: This is in anticipation of the first big, nasty spill (or the pup doing his "thing"). :lol:
I used an upholstery spray and plastic brush for most stains. Works well on the carpet and takes care of the seats too.

It's handled a chocolate ice cream stain and donut glaze extremely well.

Don't use too much, though, it'll make the seat feel...wierd... :x Going to have to use a wet cloth to clean the excess off, I think.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thomas Brock said:
Arne said:
I used an upholstery spray and plastic brush for most stains. Works well on the carpet and takes care of the seats too.

It's handled a chocolate ice cream stain and donut glaze extremely well.

Don't use too much, though, it'll make the seat feel...wierd... :x Going to have to use a wet cloth to clean the excess off, I think.
Might wanna check that diet with summer right around the corner.... :shock:

I travel most everywhere with my best buddy Rocks (my dog) and speaking of cleaning the seats.....gheeeeesh! I've got dog hair....beach sand.....paw prints.....scratches.....wet nose marks on the windows....sigh!

One day if the seats get bad......I'll upgrade to leather.

·
Registered
95 Posts
bshef said:
Might wanna check that diet with summer right around the corner.... :shock:
No worries, it's not my diet, but the occasional snacks of my five year old...

bshef said:
I travel most everywhere with my best buddy Rocks (my dog) and speaking of cleaning the seats.....gheeeeesh! I've got dog hair....beach sand.....paw prints.....scratches.....wet nose marks on the windows....sigh!

One day if the seats get bad......I'll upgrade to leather.
What kind of dog is Rocks? I want a puppy, but I'm not allowed :(

·
Registered
922 Posts
I bought seat covers for the front seats within a week of purchase before a stain could occur. For the back seat, I have an old sheet which usually stays in the hatchback area--just in case the pooches ride in the Prius instead of my husband's Saturn. My ivory interior Prius is 14 months old now and spotless.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Try googling "Alcantara" This is the fabric used in the 2004 seats and Toyota gave me a two page supplement with my paper work which describes the fabric and has intructions on how to clean it. My salesman was adament in that I would not need seat covers even with my beige upholstery and after twp years I have to agree with him.
You might try the upholstery company's website for more info at http://www.alcantara.com
Two predominant cleaning agents mentioned besides water are a lemon and ethyl alcohol.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
So, it was finally officially stated that it IS alcantara? About a year ago, this was debated, but no official documentation could be found.

I am still not certain that alcantara is used in the US however.

·
Registered
233 Posts
What kind of dog is Rocks? I want a puppy, but I'm not allowed
She's an Irish Jack Russell (a shortie)......

·
Registered
233 Posts
DanMan32 said:
How do I know that isn't a fake dog suspended by a black curved stick? :D
rofl....
hmmmmm..
if I was photo-shopping....I would've fixed the terrible position of the frisbee I was trying to throw... :D

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
DanMan32 said:
How do I know that isn't a fake dog suspended by a black curved stick? :D
I thought it was a fake dog "standing" on a yellow frisbee. Hmm...

·
Registered
922 Posts
The dog's real. I think it's a fake kid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts