Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 86-and up

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have grandparents and students here. I was just wondering what age groups are attracted to the Prius.

·
Registered
232 Posts
SIGH...
I'm not an owner yet......... :(

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bshef said:
SIGH...
Just do it!
Nike

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
bshef said:
SIGH...
Just do it!
Nike
But bshef CANNOT "just do it." Isn't bshef the one looking to purchase a Prius at invoice? That's going to take a while! ;)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sanny said:
Hep said:
bshef said:
SIGH...
Just do it!
Nike
But bshef CANNOT "just do it." Isn't bshef the one looking to purchase a Prius at invoice? That's going to take a while! ;)
She/he is obviously keeping a sharp eye out for a deal.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's going to take a while! Wink
Cough! .....I have already found one #6 below MSRP (brand new)! You should be pulling for me! :wink:

^^^
Coffee smiley for you Hep!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
bshef said:
Cough! .....I have already found one #6 below MSRP (brand new)! You should be pulling for me! :wink:
We are! Really! The more Prii, the better. :) We're just jealous, of course. On the other hand, we HAVE our Prii. So, there's the trade off, I suppose. G'luck! :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bshef said:

^^^
Coffee smiley for you Hep!
That is the coolest smiley ever!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
We spent about 10 minutes yesterday in Denver next to, or just behind, or just ahead of, a comparatively elderly couple in a silver Prius (by "comparatively," I mean noticeably older than my wife and me, who are 50). We waved madly trying to get their attention, but couldn't, unless they simply ignored us, saying, "Dear, you don't know those morons in the blue Prius, do you?"

Being rush-hour, we didn't dare honk. You never know how it will be interpreted by whom - and too many Coloradans pack heat.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:) OK OK... so here's another who qualifies for the "Old Curmedgeon" (age: 75) category. Been a Prius driver since October 1st '04 and having fun every mile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am 47. Got my Prius in 11/04. For the record, I am a conservative, who likes to save money on gas and play with the fun gadgets.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am 39. Work as an Oracle DBA for Nokia. I also like to save money on petrol :) Bought the Prius because I wanted an ecological, modern car.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Unless you're in Alberta or some other state, isn't the standard 16 years of age for the licence?

So I'm guessing you meant 16-25 age bracket?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
...old guy

...child of the Great Depression

...waste not want not

...save for a rainy day

... Social Security

...senior discounts

...if you can't pay for it now don't buy it

...apples 5 cents

why Prius ? ...something to breath for my granddaughters beside air you can see & touch

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It doesn't surprise me that the peak of the curve for a four-door five-seater falls in the "got kids" age range. Yet is does show that smart people come in all ages.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interesting curve.

I'm 50 and just bought a black Prius Apr. 6.

My parents are in their mid 70s. My Dad won't even ride in it. My mother did, but has no interest in learning how the car works or how to drive it.

I guess I won't have to worry about them borrowing the car or driving it while I'm on vacation and it's parked at their house. Just as well. My Dad smokes cigars. I tell him not to smoke in any of my cars, but I know he does. He thinks if he cracks a window the car airs out and I can't tell.

I can.

I think as younger drivers can afford the price range of the car, they will be buying more. Right now the age range reflects both those that can afford to buy them and those concerned about environment, gas prices and those that embrace (or at least are not afraid of) the technology.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am 41, my father 68, I'm the tecno in the family and my father folows me.

When I managed to get the Prius tor a week to test drive and showed it to my dad, he didn't hesitate to follow me to the dealer to place his order.

Our cars are promised by the end of June...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts