Toyota Prius Forum banner

How much did you pay for your Prius with all extra options?

• less than 20.000 USD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • between 20.000 and 30.000 USD

• between 30.000 and 40.000 USD

• between 40.000 and 50.000 USD

• more than 50.000 USD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
US 12/2004 MSRP on a 2005 package 6. And I had no wait with the dealer I went with. It was there, I was there. Bells rang, angels sang, it was love... :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm guessing you are referring to those who bought their Prius new?

Also, someone paid over $50,000??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes. People like me who come from countries without a car production will normally pay a lot more for cars.
Here in Denmark 180% of the cars original value has to be paid in taxes, so I will have to pay more than $50000 for a Prius.

Unfortunately the politicians haven't yet made out a tax reduction for cars like the Prius although most of them agree that it's unfair to pay so much for technology which is beneficial for the environment. - The media has called them out for it numerous times but they seem to forget what they promise :(

Until now the Prius has only sold about 10 units here in Denmark. - At least it beats the Hummer H2 in sales :p

See http://www.bilmagasinet.dk/nyheder/bilsalg.asp for the sales figures.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seven7 said:
I'm guessing you are referring to those who bought their Prius new?

Also, someone paid over $50,000??
I did pay 51,000 USD in Finland for a new 2005 Prius including some extra options. News :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just voted in $30000-$39999. Hopefully this poll will help reveal to the USAnians exactly how dirt-cheap they're getting cars, as well as petrol.

It's not just tax, mind. By my reckoning Toyota are charging something like $5000 less for a top-end Prius in the USA than in the UK, even before tax.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I paid list, and the car I wanted was on the sales floor when I walked in (including color). Since I had test driven a few Prii before, I was at the dealership under an hour - drove off the lot with insurance changed and everything.

Possibly the least complicated car purchase I've ever done.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Mine midrange is the equivalent of their fully loaded model. I voted for 20-30k

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sanny said:
US 12/2004 MSRP on a 2005 package 6. And I had no wait with the dealer I went with. It was there, I was there. Bells rang, angels sang, it was love... :)
Me, too! Well in 2/2005 just before gas prices starting climbing again.

Now what am I supposed to do with this O-ring, it is too big for my flipper?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lasse D said:
Yes. People like me who come from countries without a car production will normally pay a lot more for cars.
Here in Denmark 180% of the cars original value has to be paid in taxes, so I will have to pay more than $50000 for a Prius.
Ah yes, I do believe I did not think of our fellow Priusians across the pond when I posted that. I knew about the tax rates but never thought they would have been that extraordinary!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rather a scewed poll.

Most U.S. buyers will choose 20,000 - 30,000 no matter what package they bought.

I bought the #1 at 21,000something. I could have had a #6 at 26,000something.

To say "all of the extra options" isn't accurate because I didn't get all of the extra options purposely.

So you either have to change the poll to only #6 or you have to modify it to account for other packages.

Perhaps a better one would have been:

below sticker:
at sticker:
1000 over sticker:
2000 over sticker:
3000 over sticker
More than 3000 over sticker:

Or something to that effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a used Salsa Red 2004 Prius with 5000 miles on it - pkg #9, deluxe floor mats, cargo mat, clear bra on front, custom seat covers plus Platinum Extended Warranty 7 yrs/75,000 miles - for $26,500. It cost me another $50 to transfer the warranty. The original owners had taken exceptionally good care of it, and it still has that new car smell.

It drives like a dream, and I couldn't be happier. All in all, I think I got a very good deal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
change the poll

I paid MSRP, with "employee" prices on parts and accessories (except the floor-mats on the window sticker.)
I paid $995 for a 5/75 warranty and $995 for the service program.
I believe both the warranty and the service can be cancelled at any time, so I might shop around the site sponsors and replace both those purchases.
I waited about four weeks from first contact with Capital Toyota through their Internet sales.
I didn't place an "order" or a deposit, I just said I wanted a new one in black with BC.
I picked it up the first week in June with a build date of 05/05.
Very happy.
(needs the steering wheel to be centred)

Cheers,

·
Registered
35 Posts
This Poll would have worked better by giving some small ranges over and below MSRP, I think, in revealing what people paid. Should I have included taxes, rebates, delivery cost, etc., etc.?

Anyhow, interesting question.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts