Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how long the wait is in Canada?
I have heard that its 6 months to a year in the States, but have not heard anything about the wait in Canada.

We ordered ours on March 31/04 and last I heard on April 28/04 the vehicle was in production.

We will let you know more as I find out.

RADAR....[/b]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Canadian Wait Tme..

Hello... I ordered my Prius in Toronto about the same date as yours.(end of March) I was told it was to be built about April 27th. I heard on May 5th that it was on the boat coming to Vancouver. It must travel here by rail ... I am hoping by the first week in June at the latest.....maybe the 28th of May if everything goes well...
best of luck.... I have never been so excited about a new car before!..
Barry

G

·
0 Posts
Well today is May 18/04,

Last week (Thursday) we were told that it was in Vancouver wating to get on a train. We called tonight to see where it is and we were told that they got one in today but not ours. They say they are expecting some tomorrow and ours should be one of them. 8) If thats true then we should have ours by the weekend, maybe :D

We will keep you posted as when we really get it.

Radar/ Babzs

G

·
0 Posts
I forgot to say, that we are from Mississauga, Ontario and we ordered ours from Mississauga Toyota.

THANKS..

radar/Babz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Four Prius in the Niagara Region of Southern Ontario

Anyone one in Southern Ontario on a waiting list should visit the Niagara Region.

I sold my Saturn on Tuesday and phoned every dealer east of Hamilton on Wednesday. The Welland dealer told me that it would be difficult to find one on a lot, the Stoney Creek dealer told me they would have one next month (they said the same thing when I phoned last Dec.) and the Hamilton dealer laughed when I asked if they have any on the lot.

There is an A model in St. Catharines, another A in Niagara Falls and two B models in Fort Erie. (Actually, as I write this there is an A in Fort Erie but that will be in my driveway tomorrow afternoon.) As far as I know they are all going for MSRP.

The one in St. Catharines has a "Few of hundred KMs on it" according to the sales lady and I know you are supposed to take it easy on the brakes the first 300 KM so I skipped that one (actually, I almost bought it at the end of June, but they would only give me $1800 on my trade in and I wanted a minimum of $2000, so I walked for the $200 difference). The one in Niagara Falls is black and my wife says black shows the dirt too easily so we skipped that one too.

Tim at Fort Erie was easy to deal with, when I asked what colours he had on the lot he described them as green, silver and black; colours I could deal with since I have no idea what "Seaside whatever" is, but green I know. On the phone Wednesday I asked him to put a sold sign on the Silver A model, Thursday night I went down to do the paperwork, I'll pick it up Saturday.

Anyway, phone around, cars are out there if you look.

Peter

G

·
0 Posts
Can a USA citizen buy in Canada?

I am going to be in Toronto. Can I pick up a good deal there, with the dollar strength and all (Or are they marked up?)

Also, is it legal to buy a car in Canada and register it here in the States?
Or, put another way. Can a US citizen who is studying in Canada buy and insure a car in Canada? I know that sounds odd, but I am curious.

Thanks,
Edmund

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anonymous said:
I forgot to say, that we are from Mississauga, Ontario and we ordered ours from Mississauga Toyota.

THANKS..

radar/Babz
Ah yes. John at the parts counter is a good guy. I used to drive for him.

I noticed yesterday there is a Prius at Ken Shaw on St Clair West. I'm not sure if it's new or used as I thought the St Clair location was only used. keep meaning to check.

Also Downtown Toyota on Front is always saying they're "Toronto's Prius headquarters" or something like that. LOL.

Hope some of this might be helpful....

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Re: Can a USA citizen buy in Canada?

Anonymous said:
I am going to be in Toronto. Can I pick up a good deal there, with the dollar strength and all (Or are they marked up?)

Also, is it legal to buy a car in Canada and register it here in the States?
Or, put another way. Can a US citizen who is studying in Canada buy and insure a car in Canada? I know that sounds odd, but I am curious.

Thanks,
Edmund
Back in 2000 when I was looking at getting my first Prius, I was thinking of getting a Canadian Prius because in Canada they had cruise control (wasn't an option initially for the US 2001 Prius) and that I liked a color they had which wasn't yet in the US. I never really went far with that, as the import taxes alone looked too high, and I think it would've needed an inspection for US codes...

But I have heard of Canadians buying a Prius in the US so that they could get the Nav system (wasn't available on the Canadian 2004 Prius), although they then had to find a way to do aftermarket DRLs for the Canada market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I looked it up and Ken Shaw on St Clair is the dealer. I just never paid attention going into the bodyshop and somehow thought it was the used dept. LOL.

But there IS a red Prius on the lot as of yesterday anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts