Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2005 Prius and mailed (Sent UPS) the application for getting carpool access sticker to Sacramento. How many days before I get my stickers? I can not wait to have them and drive in the carpool lane. The car so far "Outstanding" drive about 110 miles and the tank say Full,, that is nice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cazabianca said:
Took about 5 weeks to get mine. Others have said 4 - 6 weeks.

5 weeks is a long time.

do you think the police will give me a ticket if I go to carpool lane without a sticker since the car is a Toyota and they know about the car??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Classic said:
cazabianca said:
Took about 5 weeks to get mine. Others have said 4 - 6 weeks.

5 weeks is a long time.

do you think the police will give me a ticket if I go to carpool lane without a sticker since the car is a Toyota and they know about the car??
They legally could. Whether they actually do all depends on what mood the officer happens to be in at the time. I'm sure if they saw an unstickered Prius tooling along at 65 down the carpool lane with the rest of the road crawling along at 20, they'd probably ticket you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can have mine......they just sit in my office collecting dust!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sticker

I got mine in about 10 days but I sent my application in the day we got the ok.

I'm not putting mine on my car either. I'm hoping they have a recall for ones that aren't so...I'm searching for the word...obvious? large? nascar like? bold?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Sticker

I'm hoping they have a recall for ones that aren't so...I'm searching for the word...obvious? large? nascar like? bold?[/quote]

Why should they recall the sticker? Are you serious about the recall? I sent my application 7 days ago and waiting.. Need it very bad since I go to freeway every day and sit in traffic while watching all the PRIUS with sticker pass me by at 65M and I am doint 2M

·
Registered
44 Posts
I sent my application on Sept. 21. Still waiting for my stickers. They haven't cashed the check yet so I hope it didn't get lost in the mail. :cry: I also had to include my original hybrid Fastrak transponder receipt since I live in the Bay Area. That took a while to get too, therefore I got delayed in sending in my HOV sticker application to DMV.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got my stickers about 2 weeks ago and I started jumping through all the hopes on the day AFTER the approval was given. But I had to get a special Hybrid FastTrack transponder, so that delayed me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
prius4us said:
I sent my application on Sept. 21. Still waiting for my stickers.

I sent my application on Sept 30, so let me know as soon as you get yours and I'll let you know as soon as I get mine. I could use these stickers for the past 10 years. Freeway SUCKS in LA.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:(

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Re: Sticker

:(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I maile my application on Sept 30 and I am waiting for the carpool sticker. If I go to Sacramento, do they give me the carpool sticker or they will ask me to wait? :(

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Classic said:
I maile my application on Sept 30 and I am waiting for the carpool sticker. If I go to Sacramento, do they give me the carpool sticker or they will ask me to wait? :(
They have said these stickers can only be gotten by mail. No DMV office open to the public will have them available. So we will have to be patient. I am between 5 & 6 weeks, waiting on the DMV so far. No stickers yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I sent my application out on Aug 10 and got the stickers a month ago. I think the FasTrak people got confused though...as far as I can tell, I have a normal transponder, not a special hybrid one. Not that I'm going to go through the bureacracy of trying to fix that! I guess they'll never know the difference until I cross one of those special "restricted" carpool lanes like the one on the Bay Bridge, which isn't likely to happen for a while. I've actually been using it more often than i thought I would!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
paul16451 said:
I sent my application out on Aug 10 and got the stickers a month ago. I think the FasTrak people got confused though...as far as I can tell, I have a normal transponder, not a special hybrid one. Not that I'm going to go through the bureacracy of trying to fix that! I guess they'll never know the difference until I cross one of those special "restricted" carpool lanes like the one on the Bay Bridge, which isn't likely to happen for a while. I've actually been using it more often than i thought I would!
Does it have a green sticker on it. The one they sent me for the Prius does but the one for my minivan doesn't. I didn't do anything special for the Prius. They just started doing the right thing automatically.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
paul16451 said:
When you say you sent your app in on Aug 10, do you mean for the DMV stickers ? or was that for the FasTrak account/transponder, and then you sent in for the stickers at some later date (after you got the account/transponder) ?

I sent my app in on Aug 10 for the FasTrak acct. That took 3 weeks. Then I immediately sent in the app for the DMV stickers on Sept 1. Although they cashed my ck Sept 14, I still have not received the stickers. Been 6 weeks almost from Sept 1. :cry:

·
Registered
298 Posts
An04Prius said:
paul16451 said:
When you say you sent your app in on Aug 10, do you mean for the DMV stickers ? or was that for the FasTrak account/transponder, and then you sent in for the stickers at some later date (after you got the account/transponder) ?

I sent my app in on Aug 10 for the FasTrak acct. That took 3 weeks. Then I immediately sent in the app for the DMV stickers on Sept 1. Although they cashed my ck Sept 14, I still have not received the stickers. Been 6 weeks almost from Sept 1. :cry:
If you ask me, something is wrong. I got my stickers the day after the check was cashed. I think we both sent our app in to the DMV around the same time and I've had my stickers for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
An04Prius said:
They have said these stickers can only be gotten by mail. No DMV office open to the public will have them available. So we will have to be patient. I am between 5 & 6 weeks, waiting on the DMV so far. No stickers yet.
I mailed my DMV application on Sept. 21. They haven't cashed my check yet. Haven't received my stickers yet either. I mailed in my original Fastrak receipt as instructed. If my DMV application got lost in the mail, I only have the copy of the Fastrak receipt to send now, not the original. :x Will they accept a second application if I explain my first application for the HOV stickers seem to have gotten lost in the mail?

·
Registered
35 Posts
FWIW

Exchanged my old FastTrak transponder (in person) for a hybrid one on Sept 23.
Sent in my sticker application to DMV on Sept 24.
Started commuting October 3. :(
Check was cashed on October 12 (yesterday). :D

Hopefully I'll get my stickers soon, though I'm starting to carpool tomorrow, so if that works out I won't need the stickers too often.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts