Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 months or longer

• I'm on a list now

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
593 Posts
The term "sucker" is generally applied to someone who does not know what he's really getting. Pay a quarter to see a two-headed pig, and then they show you a dead pig onto which the head of another dead pig has been sewn. That's a sucker. Buy the Brooklyn bridge from someone who has no right to sell it, or a patch of Florida swamp that you think is dry land, that's a sucker.

A person who pays extra for a Prius (far and away the best car in its class) in order to get it sooner is not a "sucker." He knows what he's paying for and has decided it's worth it to him. It's understandable that people who cannot afford to pay extra, or don't want to pay extra, will be angry at the person who helps to bid up the price that a dealer can charge, making it that much harder for them to get one. But that's the free market system. The real issue is the discrepancy of wealth. Would you call Bill Gates a "sucker" if he decided he wanted a Prius and he paid $60,000 for one? $60,000 to him would be like less than a penny to any of the rest of us. If you had a real craving for a chocolate bar and there was only one left in the store so they had raised the price 25 cents, would you pay it rather than wait a day?

But to answer the original question, I waited 2 months and a couple of days (I marked 2 months on the poll) and I paid MSRP plus a $159 "document handling fee." The dealer did all the paperwork for my registration and license plate.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.