Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i called my credit union and they offered me awesome rates (Somehow i have great credit now).

so i'm ready to go, but not one single toyota dealer in texas has a white prius with leather and package #4.

even if i wished to compromise without leather, there are no white prius's in texas!

this sucks. apparently i have to wait... how long have you guys waited?

do they still accept your trade-in at original value, rather than the value it lost over the 2 month wait?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Here is what I would suggest you do.

Find a dealer who will look at their computer and see what is coming in, i.e. their allocation, or what is in the pipe to be manufactured. Then have that dealer secure that vehicle for you to be delivered to their dealership specifically for you. They have the ability to trade off another unit in their upcoming allocation or that is on their lot to another dealer to secure the vehicle you want.

Leather is a port option, not a factory option, so the trick is to find a vehicle allocated to that dealer or another dealer which has had leather installed after it arrived in the U.S.

It is essential that you let your dealer know that you know how their ordering system works, that they can trade vehicles in their allocation or on their lot with other dealers and you expect them to go the extra mile for you.

I have this suspicion that you are working with a flunky dealer. If they deny any of this, or say they can't do it, walk away and speak with either the new car manager or dealership general manager on the phone regarding your wishes and how you want them to proceed.

Remember, you have they money, they want it, and you control how they get it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts