Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how is the front toyota emblem mounted? is it double sided tape, does it have the positioning holes in it? the reason i ask is i want to install a clear bra, i want to remove the emblem and then place the bra down then place the emblem back. before i start this i wanted to know if anyone else has removed it before.
(ps i havent taken delivery on my car yet, so if its something thats really obvious to an owner, sorry)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't know about Toyota, but I have bought a Honda emblem. There are two position holes beneath it. I bought one for me friend's Odyssey. I assume Toyota's may be similar. :eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
project_Tl said:
how is the front toyota emblem mounted? is it double sided tape, does it have the positioning holes in it? the reason i ask is i want to install a clear bra, i want to remove the emblem and then place the bra down then place the emblem back. before i start this i wanted to know if anyone else has removed it before.
(ps i havent taken delivery on my car yet, so if its something thats really obvious to an owner, sorry)
I read months ago that there are two plastic "posts" that 'center' in two holes in the hood. Someone became overly aggressive with dental floss and actually sheared them off. I purchased a replacement hatch emblem and it has two posts if that's any indication. It came with no clips for fastening from the back side either. Adhesive does the trick I would imagine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
efusco said:
Appears to just be a stick on with adhesive tape.

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php ~1/4 down the page.
When project_Tl said "front emblem" (badge) related to the addition of a bra, I assumed he meant the oval one in the center of the hood. If that's the case, then there ARE pins/posts involved. The "replacements" Sigma offers are indeed "adhesive only".

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
BMcGraw said:
efusco said:
Appears to just be a stick on with adhesive tape.

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php ~1/4 down the page.
When project_Tl said "front emblem" (badge) related to the addition of a bra, I assumed he meant the oval one in the center of the hood. If that's the case, then there ARE pins/posts involved. The "replacements" Sigma offers are indeed "adhesive only".
I'm sorry, poor reading of the question on my part. I believe you're correct.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys^^ this is way better than tl forum or Tahoe forum. you guys arent hostile to the people who are ignorant. hehe thanks guys. hm how deep are the posts? i am wondering if the bra can make it between without creating too much a difference that the posts dont get into the holes. hmm i guess its something that i will need to find out.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
project_Tl said:
thanks guys^^ this is way better than tl forum or Tahoe forum. you guys arent hostile to the people who are ignorant. hehe thanks guys. hm how deep are the posts? i am wondering if the bra can make it between without creating too much a difference that the posts dont get into the holes. hmm i guess its something that i will need to find out.
Good luck with your project. I'm glad you like us here. Of course, direct questions get direct answers.

I wish I could remember, but a guy at one of the Prius boards I frequent actually removed all the badging from this prius and had to do some work on the hood because of the position holes.

Send us pictures when you get your changes done?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
O.K. guys,

Either I'm way too tired or I need new glasses. I looked at the Sigma page 3 times & I couldn't find the hood emblem that's supposed to be 1/4 down the page. I did see the nice door emblem & the new '06 side emblem (& even the nice decals). Can anybody tell me the surround'g items (top, bottom, & either or both sides) to point these tired/blind eyes in the right direction (I looked at the WHOLE page 3 times)? Thanks.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Read Only
51 Posts
I think project_TI is referring to the 3M clear plastic film. If that is the case when you buy one of the kits the hood piece already has a cutout for the emblem. There is no reason to remove it.

·
Read Only
51 Posts
hyperion said:
Has anyone experianced the mess that stuff can make if you get a good ding on the hood or a dent that body work has to be done on. Is it "easily removable or will the whole hood have to be repainted and then re "3 mn'd?"
I have not had a need to remove it, but it did come with instructions for removing it. You basically use a heat gun (with a little heat, not much), lift up a corner and stretch the film and it should release. You are not supposed to pull up on it or there is a danger of pulling the paint off if the paint job is not done well to begin with.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ct. Ken V said:
O.K. guys,

Either I'm way too tired or I need new glasses. I looked at the Sigma page 3 times & I couldn't find the hood emblem that's supposed to be 1/4 down the page. I did see the nice door emblem & the new '06 side emblem (& even the nice decals). Can anybody tell me the surround'g items (top, bottom, & either or both sides) to point these tired/blind eyes in the right direction (I looked at the WHOLE page 3 times)? Thanks.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)
You can cancel that appointment for the optometrist. If you reread the sixth message in this thread efusco explains that HE needs to make an appointment with his optometrist (more or less). :lol:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Where's Hep? He's the eyes guy around here. Maybe he could help this thread...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sanny said:
Where's Hep? He's the eyes guy around here. Maybe he could help this thread...
Let me see. The topics are vision and bras? Yep. I'm your guy.
Call my receptionist and set somethin up. 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
rear & side emblems

Hi - I would like to remove my prius emblems -- aside from the pins in the front, does anyone know about the rest of the emblems (ie whether they are attached by adhesive only or with pins, too)?

a thousand thanks for your help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.