Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are waiting lists so how is it my spouse walked into a dealer last weekend and is able to get one that came off the boat this weekend? He wante the full package and was flexible about the color. I checked, it's an 04. They said they like to do an inspection, clean up and full tank of gas. Is there anything we should be wary of?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the price supposed to be?

I scanned posts and found that some dealers are charging over list - what should list be for the top of the line version of this car please? We are in California.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello NewPriusSpouse the MSRP price for a Prius with option package 9 in Southern California is:

Base MSRP price:
$20,510.00

Option package 9 Cost:
$5,245.00

Total MSRP:
$25,755.00

Some of the cars might also have the Preferred Accessory Package:
Carpet Floor/Trunk Mat (5-Piece Set) .
Cargo Net .
First Aid Kit .

$262.00 Extra

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Re: what is the price supposed to be?

newpriusspouse said:
I scanned posts and found that some dealers are charging over list - what should list be for the top of the line version of this car please? We are in California.
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2004/prius/options.html

use the "Build and Price your Prius" box to get a closer estimate for your zip code.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mrv and riffraft, thanks for the quick replies. It looks like he paid about $600 over msrp, which explains why he got it so quickly. I know it's not good to pay over, I'm sorry for that. The warranty we can take off after what I've read here - they want 1275 for the Premium (it's 100,000 but not sure about the deductible). I said we'll probably omit it as we have 3 years to decide and he said that this "offer" was only good now, if we came back later it would be more.
mrv - am printing out your excellent "pick up" list you sent me the link to - thank you so much for that. Do you think that "service campaign/not a recall" could apply to a car that just arrived?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
did you include in your MSRP vs.
your price comparison any installed
accessories (like the rear bumper
applique or floor mats)? that could
easily bring you up over $600.
I think the prices were listed here
previously somewhere (look for PPO),
but if not I can find the pricing for
you (also on the build your own site).

I'll note that I got the Toyota
Platinum extended warranty 2 years
after I purchased my car, bought the
warranty at a dealership I have
never walked into (purchase or service).
$980 for 7years/100,000miles/$0 deductable.
don't pay more unless you really
want to give them more money.

As for the special service campaign,
I still haven't checked if my 2004
is affected (it is within the
affected production runs, though).
You may want to ask if there are any
outstanding TSBs or if the SSC falls
on your VIN, but I'd probably guess not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
newpriusspouse said:
The warranty we can take off after what I've read here - they want 1275 for the Premium (it's 100,000 but not sure about the deductible). I said we'll probably omit it as we have 3 years to decide and he said that this "offer" was only good now, if we came back later it would be more.
FYI, you can purchase an extended warranty from other sources. You do not necessarily have to purchase it from a dealership. Dealerships are generally higher priced. Also, you can purchase an extended warranty at any time. You do not have to purchase it at the time of the sale. FWIW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts