1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like THE PRIUS 2007 to:

1.- Provides the MPG that is labeled in the car at the time of purchase
as a minimum average.

2.- Provides the driver a better rear vision.

3.- Provides the driver a better visual control of all the four outer car's
corner to facilitate parking.

4.- Provides all front lights in the top of front windshield as well same
concept in the rear to minimize their crash thru even a minor
collision.

5.- Provides a darker factory window tinting in all glasses.

6.- Provides a complete multimedia system with optional wireless
internet and TV.

7.- Provides satellite diagnostic support to major mechanical and
electrical aspects.

9.- Provides different interior finishes that could take more accidental
abuses (scratches) and standard maintenance.

10.- Provides different orientation on maintenance manuals toward to
improve "Do it yourself".

NEXT 10 NEXT.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
11.- Provides two (2) wippers in the rear windshield current configuration or change it to have a wider cleaning area.

12.- Provides wippers that can spread liquid all along them with several nozzels in both sides instead two away from the glass.

13.- Provides a continuos rear winshield moving the wippers mechanics to the sides or to the top.

14.- Provides transcision glasses in conjuction with the A/C automatic mode.

15.- Provides lighting under dashboard space. Both sides.!

16.- Provides the standard dashboard indicator panel information plus the particular Prius information in addition.

17.- Provides airbags in the ceiling of the Prius in addtion to the curtain airbag system.

18.- Provides flexible front and rear bumpers that stay on with the wing and stay off (up) with the hit against sidewalk curbs and sudden pavement depressions.

19.- Provides front and side lateral protection against accidental collisions.

20.- Provide flat wheel rims ( no holes ) to be matched with Prius body color.

NEXT 10 NEXT

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO NEXT 10...JUST ONE..THE NO. 21

21.- Provides a transmission that demands less torque from the electric motor. That will decrease the amount of energy to demanded from the batteries. That means more electric driving time than gas driving time. I think the planetary transmission could stay with an smart compliment to improve the torque which is in design process already by the "interspeaker".

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: NO NEXT 10...JUST ONE..THE NO. 21

rmarchena said:
21.- Provides a transmission that demands less torque from the electric motor. That will decrease the amount of energy to demanded from the batteries. That means more electric driving time than gas driving time. I think the planetary transmission could stay with an smart compliment to improve the torque which is in design process already by the "interspeaker".
These statements don't seem to be related. Perhaps you would be better served by deciding what it is you really wish to accomplish rather than suggesting "solutions" that don't follow from each other. Also, learn some physics. Torque is not the same as energy. Torque multiplied by RPM is energy. Transmissions that reduce torque input usually do so by increasing RPM input. So it doesn't affect the energy. Also, more electric driving time does not automatically result in better mileage. It's very often the exact opposite.

I'm not familiar with the term "interspeaker". Is it similar to "snake oil"?
Or is it more like a "framistat"?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
That's a lot to ask. Some of which are of personal preference and you can easily install those yourself (such as interior light kit and alternate alloys)

1) It's up to the EPA. Toyota has no control

2) I agree but given the design, that means you want a full wagon, sedan or simply a liftback closer to that of a Saab 900

3) Either you install backup/clearance sensors or you take the time to actually know the dimensions of your car from the driver's seat. Don't they teach that in Driver Training?

4) --> Hummer

5) Not a bad idea but probably won't happen unless they make a wagon or some sorts. Otherwise, you can install them yourself. Maybe a blue tint like Mercedes would be nice

6) Buy the Prius in Japan

7) Buy a McLaren F1. (Oh wait, it's out of production)

8) Where's #8?

9) I suppose. I do prefer the Camry's soft-touch plastic. Ours look nice only when new but are really susceptible to scratches

10) The repair manual is quite comprehensive

11) The only car I know that has that is the Camry wagon of 2 generations ago. Kinda quirky but with our shape, unlikely.

12) I'll agree. The rear wiper spray is rather weak

13) ???

14) ???

15) Scion Dealership

16) HiHy or RX. Maybe we can have a heads-up display for the speedo and nav and such

17) not sure why you want that. Roll-over?

18) ...

19) ???

20) aftermarket

·
Registered
154 Posts
22. Bigger monitor (> 7") with the DVD integrated player
23. 24h clock
24. Levels for warming the seats
25. Better battery, i.e., possibility to drive more than 2 kms in EV mode.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry...!!!

I am very sorry I jumped No. 8

And very welcome 22, 23, 24 and 25. I did not notice them...They are valid points. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. I would like a second motor/generator with CVT on rear axle, so that it could provide the most of the appropriate energy to HSD!!!!!
2. An almost zero torque ICE engine!!!
3. As a consequence to the above a 500 ml fuel tank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. As a consequence to the above no more gas stations for prius, but only fuel cans!!!
5. The mirrors of Volta!!!!!! I mean NO MIRRORS, but CAMERAS!!!!!!!!
6. The portable steering of Volta.Sometimes Left-driven, Middle-driven or Right-driven!!!!(of course we ll need one more seat in front...) :D
7. The Holographic display of the CS&S!!!!!!!
8. The self-parking option!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't want any redesign if it's not a Hatchback. If they keep it a hatchback they can redesign the interior and engine stuff all they want.

Some suggestions.

By then I'd expect some improvements in batteries that will probably results in some other performance type modifications....all for the better.

I'd like more choice on interior colors, esp. mix and match with exterior colors. I'd like different exterior colors but keep the black and white.

Better designed seats (more comfy). Leather option including steering wheel and shifter knob. Since other like it options for heat, lumbar, etc. Personally I can adjust my seat just fine but it others need some electrical assistance....whatever.

Lights in upper glovebox and console.

Reverse beep heard outside as well as inside, with option to shut off interior beep only.

EV switch standard or option but available.

Signal and folding side mirrors like they have in Japan.

Parking guides like they have in Japan.

Basically make available to U.S. a lot of what is already available to the Japanese market.

Light in door so when you open the door at night, you can see the door.

Since there is ODO and two trips why not have mpg consumption with three options. One for each. That way you can see lifetime mpg plus tank (trip A) plus trip (trip B).

I'd like a stronger signal pickup for FM. My Nissan had a distance button I could hit to help pick up weak signals in FM.

The next design needs to interface with the iPod seamlessly.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I do wish more Japanese accessories were available here.

The doors already have lights in the them to illuminate the ground when you exit. Too bad the rears don't have them.

Those with the JBL audio system will have the diversity antenna system. Basically it's two antennas and the radio uses the one with the stronger signal

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apologies to Robert Snyder

It looks that you are irritated for my wishes list specialy for the planetary transmission compliment design by interspeaker. The intention of those, what you called statements, can not be motivated to take the direction you meant to be taken.

We, as an Prius's owners, are entitled to formulate changes and additions to our cars that coincidentialy could end up improving the car that you own too. Your Prius!!!

Respect going to school to learn mechanics, I will highly considered it and I truly appreciate it. But, since the time the compliment is almost ready, I will turn a little your suggestion to go back to school to present a thesis instead.

I realy could not find any statements that are not related to the Prius and could that irritate you in particular. Maybe, there is something in the field of extra-meaning that I did not say and I meant that you have been the only person to interpretated it that way. If that is the case, I deeply offer my apologies in good faith to you, hoping you accept them.

·
Registered
919 Posts
It wouldn't take much to please me--beeper audible on the outside and a new exterior--real RED.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My suggestion is to have a key fob with at least one programable button so that you can have a garage door opener built right into your key fob. This would be great for getting to your car inside the closed garage door without having to carry a garage door opener or punch in your pin number into the wireless garage door opener.

I think this would be a great invention for any car company...come on Toyota...Make it So....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's my wish list for improving an already truly amazing car:

1) a la carte selection of accessories - no packages please.

2) A better premium sound system that deserves the name 'premium'.

3) improved steering (more direct, less assisted, more feedback), improved high speed stability, less cushy suspension. I know, these are all very personal preferences that not everyone wants, so maybe they could offer an optional 'sports suspension package' that might include a re-tuned servo steering.

4) Seats with height adjustment, heating, adjustable lumbar support, all as optional package.
Also, the front seat rails should extend further back for tall people.

5) Factory synthetic oil, with computer monitored oil change intervals based on number of cold starts, to extend oil change intervals to 10-15k+ (my MINI had such a system with 1st change at 12k and susbequent ones at 17k). Let's make the Prius a truly green car when it comes to oil as well, not just gas!

6) Auto lock upon reaching 10mph, but also auto lock on the SKS such that the car senses when it is unoccupied and as the SKS-FOB leaves transponder range, the car self locks.

Having said all that, I believe that the Prius already is a truly amazing car, and I recognize the amount of effort, engineering and ingenuity required to bring so many innovations successfully to the market in one single package. Kudos to Toyota for an outstanding job.
I love my Prius as is, and the above points are all just nit-picking!

Thank you Toyota!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
MIAMICAJUN said:
My suggestion is to have a key fob with at least one programable button so that you can have a garage door opener built right into your key fob. This would be great for getting to your car inside the closed garage door without having to carry a garage door opener or punch in your pin number into the wireless garage door opener.

I think this would be a great invention for any car company...come on Toyota...Make it So....
One problem - the 2004+ Prius' key fob is inserted into the dashboard, making pressing any buttons on it impossible while driving. Get the Homelink/Autodimming rear view mirrow for your Prius, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: Apologies to Robert Snyder

rmarchena said:
It looks that you are irritated for my wishes list specialy for the planetary transmission compliment design by interspeaker. The intention of those, what you called statements, can not be motivated to take the direction you meant to be taken.

We, as an Prius's owners, are entitled to formulate changes and additions to our cars that coincidentialy could end up improving the car that you own too. Your Prius!!!

Respect going to school to learn mechanics, I will highly considered it and I truly appreciate it. But, since the time the compliment is almost ready, I will turn a little your suggestion to go back to school to present a thesis instead.

I realy could not find any statements that are not related to the Prius and could that irritate you in particular. Maybe, there is something in the field of extra-meaning that I did not say and I meant that you have been the only person to interpretated it that way. If that is the case, I deeply offer my apologies in good faith to you, hoping you accept them.
I'm not so much irritated as very confused by your wish item number 21. I never suggested that your comments were not related to the Prius, simply that the justifications you provided did not seem related to the request you made. The primary lack of relationship was, as I noted, that reducing the torque from the electric motor would have no effect on energy used from the battery while driving electric only.

Your original post refered to the design by the "interspeaker". This way of saying it implies that "interspeaker" refers to an object. If you said design by "interspeaker", it might have been more apparent you were talking about a person who's online name is "interspeaker". Since I am totally unfamiliar with this name (he/she doesn't post on this board as far as I can tell), this is not a surprising mistake. You should make yourself more clear when bringing up a name that is unlikely to be familiar to readers.

So anyway, where is this design by the person going by the name "interspeaker"?

So to sum up:

1. I am not irritated that you wish to see the Prius improved. I do also.

2. The suggestion you made does not appear to result in the improvement you said it would.

3. I have no idea who "interspeaker" is or what design has been put forth by this person. If it is just as you suggest, then I am concerned that you have been misled by someone who doesn't understand physics. But it would be nice to see and evaluate the original proposal instead of a 2nd hand description of it. Can you provide links?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the word demand was used in 21

Please notice the usage of the word demand in the statement no. 21

I think you analized the statement to fast. Please take your time a re-analize it slowly.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: the word demand was used in 21

rmarchena said:
Please notice the usage of the word demand in the statement no. 21

I think you analized the statement to fast. Please take your time a re-analize it slowly.
Why not just have it demand zero torque at all times. That would give you infinite electric driving time.

I'm sorry, you are not communicating your concept to me at all well. Perhaps that doesn't matter as I'm in no position to impliment it myself anyway. Since you haven't provided a link to the original "interspeaker" plan, and I cannot figure it out from your description, I give up.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts