Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is getting real disappointing. Who is to say the same thing wont happen next year. I "ordered" mine over a month ago with the understanding that it would take up to six months to get. I was and am fine in waiting. However I will not accept any subsitutes. Not to color not to package anything. I get new cars every 7-8 years so I want what I want. Will accept nothing less. If they tell me I cant have what I want I will go elsewhere and probably never by a Toyota product.

·
Registered
50 Posts
efusco, I appreciate the post, and can ensure you I am not mad, althought it may have seemed that way.

I have NO problem waiting. When the dealer told me it would likely be a six month wait I said no problem. More than willing to wait for the car I want. I even said to the guy that clearly Toyota underestimated demand.

Again no problem whatsoever in waiting. I more than understand supply and demand.

That being said I will not be thrilled if I wait six months, and then am offered a car I dont want. Some crazy color or package I dont want. Especially as veggievet pointed out nothing like this was ever explained to me before (as far as not getting what you ordered).My first reaction will be to ask how long will the wait be for what I do want. If its another three our four months I will wait. My current car runs fine. If the reaction I get is take it or leave it there is no other option then I will look elsewhere.

Toyota is perfectly free to do business the way they want (within the law of course) and I am free as a consumer of exercising my right to go elsewhere. I would reacte this way if it was another car company too. Its nothing against Toyota. Have said nothing bad about the Prius and won't. Why would I? Thats the car I want! Cant understand where you get the idea I was defaming the Prius. Think you read far too much into my post.

There are other cars I would take if I have to get another and they arent Toyota. My first choice is of course the Prius and again will wait for what I want.

If I cant have it I will try getting another car I want. Its not about threatening anyone, its about being satisfied. If that maker cant provide the car, option, color I want, then I will keep looking. Dont think I am being unreasonable or demanding. Again I get a new car every 7-8 years so its important for me to get something that I am completely happy about.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Again, I think you are reading far too much into my post. It is clear you are very passionate about Prius, which is great. But at the same time I think you are seeing things that aren't there. I am not in any way defaming the car. I have been excited about getting this car as soon as I heard about it a year ago. Have heard the wisecracks from many of the naysayers (the typical SUV guzzlers around the office).

I am not angry with Toyota and I am not angry with my dealer. I LIKE my dealer. He was honest enough to tell me six months when some of the others were saying shorter (even though they couldnt deliver). Its a small dealership and not one of the big dealers or auto malls.

I am perfectly content waiting six months and fully expect to get the car I ordered. Am even willing to wait additional time to get the one I want.

I am just concerned by some of the things I have been reading. If I was offered a take it or leave it deal ( I DONT expect that to happen) I would not accept a car I didn't want. Thats all I am saying. I would go to my next choice (which is not a Toyota). I am very confident it won't come to that and am greatly looking forward to my Prius. I am one of the biggest Prius supporters around, you wont ever get me to say anything bad about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts