Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a lot and don't want to carry the transmitter with me.

Do others have experience with this? How do you lock the car and not carry the transmitter?

The only thing I can think of is to take the key from the transmitter and use it to unlock the driver door.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My old car

Victor,
You asked how I do it with a normal key?
My old car had a keyless entry system.
Lock the keys in the car and enter a code on the keyless pad on the drivers door and it unlocks.
I'm trying to figure out how to carry the least amount when I run yet still be able to get back in the car.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The more weight you carry, the more calories you will burn off...

But you could just lock the fob in the car with the manual key. I don't think it will open the locks if it's detected 'inside' the car... otherwise car-jackers would have a field day

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think melgish is right. The manual certainly warns that you can lock the fob in. But it would make me a tad nervous. Maybe get a metal box to put it in in the car?

The transmitter isn't all that heavy, but it would be hard to fit in the key pockets of most running shorts. What kind of distances do you run? My S.O. carries a "fuel belt" on some long runs, which would have plenty of room for the fob.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I just carry it in my pocket. Not as bad as with other cars since you'll have the key AND remote AND keychain whereas with the Prius, it's just the fob

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
We just need Toyota to size it down to a sub-dermal chip implant. :wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Me? I'd just give up joggin all together. It's clear, there is no other convenient alternative. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sanny said:
Me? I'd just give up joggin all together. It's clear, there is no other convenient alternative. :)
Id Agree with you! Take the car its quicker. My wife runs marathons , mad.

Still, beck to the original question. I wouldnt think jogging with the fob would be a big problem. Get an arm band and put it in that, the sort used for small change and keys.

If you want to lock the fob in the car, make sure SKS is switched off, and just lock with the mini key. You could then hid the key under a convenient rock if you must or hide it somewhere on the car, or put it in the arm band :wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Victor said:
Still, beck to the original question. I wouldnt think jogging with the fob would be a big problem. Get an arm band and put it in that, the sort used for small change and keys. ...
Tuck it into yer jogbra.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sanny said:
Tuck it into yer jogbra.
:shock:

Giving up running (runners hate to be called joggers) would be a prefereable alternative to the above.

Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
How about combination fob/heart rate monitor.
Add in a cell phone and camera options and you are electronically set to go!

I would be happy to move up to "jogger".
Plodder just doesn't have the same ring to it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dont think I would even make "Plodder".

Now, I must go and have a lye down after all this hard typing :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a Tshirt I run/jog/shamble-like-an-ailing-moose in. On the front it has a picture of a penguin and says "Waddle on Folks!" on the back it says, "I'm slow and I know it. Get over it!"

Geez. Now I need a lie-down just thinking about it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Running

Well, now that I have a Prius I had to figure out how to run and not carry the transmitter.

Actually there are lots of ways to do it. What works easiest is to push the button to turn off the smartkey, take the metal key leaving the transmitter in the car. Lock and unlock the door with the metal key. Works same if you don't disable smartkey system.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Running

eeh42 said:
Well, now that I have a Prius I had to figure out how to run and not carry the transmitter.

Actually there are lots of ways to do it. What works easiest is to push the button to turn off the smartkey, take the metal key leaving the transmitter in the car. Lock and unlock the door with the metal key. Works same if you don't disable smartkey system.
When I surf, this is what I do. I have a pocket in my wetsuit that I place the metal key in and leave smartkey in the Prius.

Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts