Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the leather glove box covers from RobinRedBreast but can't find a way to get the tabs around to attach inside the upper glove box. The two center ones are easy but the two on the end I can't get to because of the glove box mechanism. Looks like I need to remove the door to the upper glove box. I know there are directions on Priuschat somewhere but I haven't been able to get in all day.

Can anyone post directions here as to how to remove and then reattach the upper glove box door?

BTW I love the look. I already did the lower door. Robin also made me a leather cover for the driver's side dash with a hole for the power button. Looks great and will match the other side. I already have the center console and armrest covers and the display hood so I've got quite a bit of leather inside now.

But I really need to finish the glove box.

Thanks,

·
Registered
12 Posts
I initially thought that I had the same problem as you describe. I just stretched the elastic on the tab and wrapped the end tabs around the ends of the door so that the whole tab and elastic are under the door. It is really hard to bend the velcro around the door- but by stretching the elastic- you can reach around the sides and then slip the tab under the door where it needs to be. Hope this helps and makes sense.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I did e-mail Robin.

Mine doesn't seem to have elastic tabs. They seem to be leather.

I'm going to see if I can fish them around from the inside using a flexible piece of plastic.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've always had great communication with Robin. In fact, she made me a custom one-of-a-kind leather dash cover for the driver's side and I got it really fast.

I e-mailed her late last night. It's the weekend and everyone deserves a break. I don't really expect to hear from her to at least Monday.

But....I have a reply this morning. I'm going to try my plastic thing and if that doesn't work she'll talk me through it on the phone.

So the answer is.... a lot better than Coastal Dave.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Success!

I let Robin know she didn't need to call me.

I figured out a way to get it on without taking the upper glove box off.

Use some heavy paper and tapered one end thin enough to go around the corner of the box. Then taped the tab to the end and gently pulled it down. Worked like a charm. The leather covers look great! Best of all I don't have to worry about future scratches and I don't have to figure out what I can use to clean without smearing.

Someday I may get the center console and armrests reupholstered in leather, but for now all of Robin's covers work really great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts